Need fun/relaxing Galveston hotel suggestions for two nights pre-cruise in January

KelJ

DH and I are sailing on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston in January. This is a new port for us, and we are looking for a nice hotel for two nights pre-cruise that is fun, relaxing, and in a location where we can walk to bars/restaurants. We are flying to Hobby and plan to take a transfer from the airport to the hotel, and then from the pier to the airport, so we will not have a car to park. A hotel that offers a shuttle to the pier would be a plus.

We know nothing about Galveston and don't know what area to search. For example, Priceline has many subcategory locations for Galveston, such as Galveston Bay, Central Galveston Pleasure Pier Area, Galveston East, Galveston Island South, Galveston West Holiday Beach, Galveston West Waterpark Area, et cetera. Could someone recommend in what area we should stay so that we are not bored and so that we have nice food, drink, and activities options and also are fairly close to the cruise pier? Hotel suggestions are very welcome and appreciated!

Thank you!!

First there is a trolley system to/from/between most hotels and tourist destinations. And the better hotels have a courtesy transfer vehicle to all locations.

The better Hotels are

San Luis

Tremont

Galvez

Harbor House

Moody Gardens

AREAS:

Old Town Strand / Port has two hotels only Tremont and Harbor House

with lots to do and walking to

Gulf of Mexico / Seawall has many hotels including Galvez and San Luis and other good ones

Moody Garden Hotel is on water and bay front

with Moody Gardens an entertainment complex

Vacation Rentals:

Short Term Rentals Owners Association of Galveston

stroag.org

see galveston.com

see galveston.history.org

see pier21.org

see bryanmuseum.org

Edited by ssb

First there is a trolley system to/from/between most hotels and tourist destinations. And the better hotels have a courtesy transfer vehicle to all locations.

The better Hotels are

San Luis

Tremont

Galvez

Harbor House

Moody Gardens

AREAS:

Old Town Strand / Port has two hotels only Tremont and Harbor House

Gulf of Mexico / Seawall has many hotels including Galvez and San Luis and other good ones

Moody Garden Hotel is on water and bay front

with Moody Gardens an entertainment complex

Vacation Rentals:

Short Term Rentals Owners Association of Galveston

stroag.org

see galveston.com

see galveston.history.org

see pier21.org

see bryanmuseum.org

The Tremont House is on the National List of Historic Places. It is a beautifully restored old hotel close to the ship port docks. The Hotel Galvez is a sister property located on the Seawall. It offers free parking/storage for your car if you book at least one night before or after your cruise. It also offers free shuttle service to/from the ship.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just researching Galveston hotels on cruzely dot com for a trip in May 2019. They have a map function that was helpful. A warning, though, my one night before the cruise was 93% booked 10 months out. Might want to lock it down!!

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I stayed at the Harbor House last October for a couple nights before our cruise. It was wonderful and you can easily walk to many restaurants and bars and it's right at the terminal so you can watch the cruise ships coming and going. The hotel was very clean and unique...we had a wonderful experience there.

• 3 weeks later...