Discovery Saturday

I assume Marella will be showing the football on Saturday! We are due to sail at 4pm so should have muster drill around 3pm. Will be interesting to see what happens, could be the first ever mutiny before the ship sails!

We are on Discovery this weekend. We've been down to see her off 3 times over the last couple of months. Twice she left the Tyne near 8pm, the other about 7pm. We've seen them twice doing the safety drill at around 6pm so I'd guess that the chances of it happening at 3pm are pretty much non-existent unless our experience is not typical. Sure I've read other posts where those on board have indicated early evening departures.

Dave, did you sail on time? Also, I think you visited Haugesund, what do you recommend to do there?

We sailed late, They have problems loading the cases however they have a new loading cage first used on the present cruise so that should speed things up.

not much to do in Haugesund although a pleasant town. The ship docked about 20-30 mins walk from the town but a free shuttle bus was provided. I will be visiting again next year and will probably take an excursion

We sailed late, They have problems loading the cases however they have a new loading cage first used on the present cruise so that should speed things up.

The current Baltic trip was the one we watched sail on 23 June - it left the Tyne at 7.50pm :D

I'm not massively bothered, its just with being local we have friends/family who intend waving us off from Souths Shields Pier, once we're on board we are happy (y)

not much to do in Haugesund although a pleasant town. The ship docked about 20-30 mins walk from the town but a free shuttle bus was provided. I will be visiting again next year and will probably take an excursion

Thanks for the info, may take a trip to Scudeshaven as it looks quite pretty

I'm not massively bothered, its just with being local we have friends/family who intend waving us off from Souths Shields Pier, once we're on board we are happy (y)

Yes we too have family coming to see us off so I will have to txt them when we know a time. Can't wait now:)