Singapore Embarkation Day Activity Question

Ombud

Arriving in Singapore 11/28/18 at 8am for the Sapphire Princess which probably sails at 4. I was going to get in 11/26/18 to see the sights but family plans pre-empt that. So I'm doing a disembark tour that covers most of the sites I want to see (Little India, Chinatown, Botanical Gardens) but 1 of the sites (Marina Bay Sands) has only a 15 min stop so it's really just a photo shoot. Which gets me to my question:

Anyway I can go to either top of Marina Bay Sands or on a river cruise from the terminal before ship sails?

Thanks in advance

Arriving in Singapore 11/28/18 at 8am for the Sapphire Princess which probably sails at 4. I was going to get in 11/26/18 to see the sights but family plans pre-empt that. So I'm doing a disembark tour that covers most of the sites I want to see (Little India, Chinatown, Botanical Gardens) but 1 of the sites (Marina Bay Sands) has only a 15 min stop so it's really just a photo shoot. Which gets me to my question:

Anyway I can go to either top of Marina Bay Sands or on a river cruise from the terminal before ship sails?

Thanks in advance

Why not... you will have to go through a passport check but you can reach MBS and the spots for a river cruise by MRT or taxi. BTW: Taxis are incredibly cheap in Singapore.

So would this work? (1) transfer to terminal (2) drop off luggage (3) off to Marina Bay Sands for lunch on top (4) back to terminal :)

Yes!

The MRT is about a 10-minute walk...or simply take a taxi.

For us, we wanted to visit Gardens by the Bay...you could see it from the terminal and onboard the ship. We did and decided to walk. Glad we visited but we really didn't have enough time. We were only able to visit two exhibits/buildings and we didn't want to miss the ship. We took the MRT back (only 1 stop)...and took a few pictures of the Marina Bay Sands...before walking down the MRT. Happy Sailing! :)

So would this work? (1) transfer to terminal (2) drop off luggage (3) off to Marina Bay Sands for lunch or drinks on top (4) back to terminal :)

Sorry but unless you are a guest you cannot go to the pool or garden/restaurant area. There are gated turnstiles that require a room key. There is an observation deck you can pay to go to.

https://www.marinabaysands.com/sands-skypark/observation-deck.html#8Sb6LQqxwbxRF3bR.97

Speaking as a person who stayed at the hotel back in April I was glad they have that restriction on guests as it would have been a madhouse up there if they allowed guests.

You can certainly do lunch at the top of Marina Bay lunch even as a non-hotel guest. There are 3 F&B establishments at the observatory deck

https://www.marinabaysands.com/sands-skypark/restaurants-and-bars.html#Zh0eVm6FFpJZOdmk.97

And here's a tip: if you are going up the Ce La Vi bar for lunch or drinks, take the elevator to Ce La Vi at the lobby and you will get the same view as the observatory (without pay for the entrance fee). Entrance to both the observation park and Ce La Vi are at the lobby level of Tower 3.

So would this work? (1) transfer to terminal (2) drop off luggage (3) off to Marina Bay Sands for lunch or drinks on top (4) back to terminal :)

Sorry but unless you are a guest you cannot go to the pool or garden/restaurant area. There are gated turnstiles that require a room key. There is an observation deck you can pay to go to.

https://www.marinabaysands.com/sands-skypark/observation-deck.html#8Sb6LQqxwbxRF3bR.97

Speaking as a person who stayed at the hotel back in April I was glad they have that restriction on guests as it would have been a madhouse up there if they allowed guests.

You are talking about the pool area for hotel guests only, which is correct.

However, you can either pay for the observatory or have lunch at one of the restaurants like Spago, which is not limited to hotel guests.

IMHO I would not spend the money...

And I am saying that after also having stayed at the MBS for a few nights. I think it is a madhouse. An experience, yes... but huge, too many people, mass before class...

Last month we stayed at the Andaz for a week and it was fabulous!

A good option for a drink/snack with a view on the bay and MBS is the Lantern Bar on top of the Fullerton by the Bay: https://www.fullertonhotels.com/the-fullerton-bay-hotel/lantern-rooftop-bar.html

Or for an overall view: Mr Stork on top of the fabulous Andaz Hotel: https://singapore.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/mr-stork.html