Poor Review of Luxury Transport in Vancouver

We contracted Luxury Transport to pick us up from the cruise pier in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise and provide an 8 hour tour. We paid in full up and up front including a mandatory 15% gratuity @ ~$820 US$.

We followed the instructions provided by Luxury Transport exactly. We were to go to the Limo/Shuttle dispatcher which was conveniently located close to our docked ship. We checked with the dispatcher who said that our driver had not checked in. After checking back with the dispatcher a couple times - I called Luxury Transport, I was told that they weren’t “allowed” to pickup there. Therefore, my party of 12, which included my mother in a wheelchair and two other elderly people, had to drag our 30+ pieces of luggage up an elevator that had a long line and go to the far end of Canada Place. This was very stressful given the number of people and the capabilities of some in our party. The instructions were totally incorrect - I found out that this change happened at least a week before and we should have been notified - I got their "deepest apology" but no compensation for this utter inconvenience.

I would not recommend this company if you are coming in from a cruise as the "new" pick-up place is very inconvenient.

The Tipton Family

Amended Posting:

I was called by the owner who reached out to understand what went wrong in this situation. In addition to listening and offering his sincere apologies - he additionally compensated us for the stressful situation. I’m glad that they reached out. I would recommend that if you are a cruiser, you decide if the pick-up place is reasonable for your needs or if a baggage porter can help with your luggage.

I am glad that they reached out to you ....that must have been a very stressful end to your trip ....Traveling with elderly people adds a whole set of problems that is not troublesome to others ...