Havana cabins on the Horizon

NSAHO79

Hi there,

We have booked a Havana cabin on the Horizon. We have never booked this type of cabin before so I was wondering if you get any special perks with this category? Do you get faster embarkation lines or anything? Thanks.

7PM till what time ? Doesn't seem to private or exclusive to me.
If you get up at the crack of dawn, which I don't, at 600 am, you have exclusivity till 700 pm, which is 13 hours. At 700, anybody can use the area till they close it, which I will assume is 1100 or 1200. That is 13 hours of exclusivity and 4 or 5 hours of anybody in the area.

Now, for me personally, by 700 pm, my happy hour at the Alchemy Bar is over, I will be starting to enjoy my dinner and I have the next 6 hours or so to eat, drink, listen to music or comedians, check out a show or just star gaze with my wife. If the Havana area is overrun with kids at 700, I could care less because my investment in the area has already paid off for me in spades. Will be looking forward to this for 8 days at the end of August and another 8 doing the Southern route at the end of August '19

Thanks guys ,I was looking into it but decided to pass for the reasons posted by

SNJCruisers .

I am a crack of dawn person but my wife has another opinion on sleeping in while on vacation Still doesn't seem to private or exclusive to me to be worth the extra doe ray me.. So the cove we go.

Thanks guys ,I was looking into it but decided to pass for the reasons posted by

SNJCruisers .

I am a crack of dawn person but my wife has another opinion on sleeping in while on vacation Still doesn't seem to private or exclusive to me to be worth the extra doe ray me.. So the cove we go.

I’m not following you. You have your own private balcony still, it’s the back pool area with loungers and sun beds and whirlpools that are exclusive during the day and evening. Very few people actually go back there anyway after 7pm. Beats having to battle the masses to lay out or go swimming/use a whirlpool during the day. That’s the only way I would ever do another Vista class.

I’m not following you. You have your own private balcony still, it’s the back pool area with loungers and sun beds and whirlpools that are exclusive during the day and evening. Very few people actually go back there anyway after 7pm. Beats having to battle the masses to lay out or go swimming/use a whirlpool during the day. That’s the only way I would ever do another Vista class.

It's ok if you don't follow me :D. Glad you enjoy it.

Just came back from 6/25 sailing on Horizon in a Havana Cabana cabin and it was worth every penny. Loved the atmosphere, used our lanai when we didn't feel like sitting poolside. I can tell you that the Havana pool area was very minimally used after 7:00 by anyone. On more than one evening I intentionally walked back to the pool area and counted no more than 5 people. Loved having our own breakfast served in the Havana area as well. After sailing in a Havana Cabana it will be difficult to even go back to a regular balcony.

I am just as confused as FBW, but I will bet you're probably paying more for your cove than I am for my Havana inside since you're worried about the extra money. And it's well spent IMHO to avoid the crowds post breakfast till happy hour relaxing.

SNJCruisers .

Different strokes for different folks, and that's what's nice with options offered. But we've also been in Cove balcony room and found that a nice option.

I find that we use the pool during the day, so having limited number of people in the area is a huge plus for us. We should be able to find a seat there without getting up at the crack of dawn (and Dawn really doesn't like when we do that either)..... Lol

If you enjoy time at the pool during the day, you will find the other pool areas to be crowded and chairs to be hard to come by. But if you are ok with just seating anywhere you'll find something on the higher decks and away from the pools.

Have fun

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I am just as confused as FBW, but I will bet you're probably paying more for your cove than I am for my Havana inside since you're worried about the extra money. And it's well spent IMHO to avoid the crowds post breakfast till happy hour relaxing.

Roughly sixteen? Bet you did pay more ;) and we're defiantly not pool people.

After sailing in a Havana Cabana it will be difficult to even go back to a regular balcony.
All you need to do is stick to the 3 Vista Class ships or any other new builds and you should be OK. I am assuming of course that the LNG ships will have the same or a similar area because of the success of the Havana cabins on the Vista Class ships.

And there are similar areas on other lines, with the MSC Yacht Club being one of them.

Roughly sixteen? Bet you did pay more ;) and we're defiantly not pool people.
And is your sailing 8 days and in August or 7 in October? Always need to compare an apple to an apple. And since you're not pool people, why should you ever even discuss the possibility of staying in the Havana area. You'll enjoy being on your cove listening to the waves at 500 am while your DW gets 4 more hours of rest.

And is your sailing 8 days and in August or 7 in October? Always need to compare an apple to an apple. And since you're not pool people, why should you ever even discuss the possibility of staying in the Havana area. You'll enjoy being on your cove listening to the waves at 500 am while your DW gets 4 more hours of rest.

Wife's interest not mine ! All experienced cruisers know that the price on cruising drops after August :D Enjoy !

Edited by BoDidly

Hi there,

We have booked a Havana cabin on the Horizon. We have never booked this type of cabin before so I was wondering if you get any special perks with this category? Do you get faster embarkation lines or anything? Thanks.

None

Just came back from 6/25 sailing on Horizon in a Havana Cabana cabin and it was worth every penny. Loved the atmosphere, used our lanai when we didn't feel like sitting poolside. I can tell you that the Havana pool area was very minimally used after 7:00 by anyone. On more than one evening I intentionally walked back to the pool area and counted no more than 5 people. Loved having our own breakfast served in the Havana area as well. After sailing in a Havana Cabana it will be difficult to even go back to a regular balcony.

Was breakfast in the Havana bar or the Ocean Plaza?

Can you remember what kind of breakfast items they served?

Hello there! My family of 5 cabins are cruising on the Horizon next June and we all have Havana Cabins. I read online they added over 20 more havana cabins since the havana pool area is under utilized. Was it ever crowded on sea days?

Hello there! My family of 5 cabins are cruising on the Horizon next June and we all have Havana Cabins. I read online they added over 20 more havana cabins since the havana pool area is under utilized. Was it ever crowded on sea days?

On sea days loungers were definitely at a minimum. We had no trouble finding chairs however and spent quite a bit of time in the covered seating in the pool area. During our cruise the Havana area was still always comfortable.

Can you remember what kind of breakfast items they served?

It was a self serve continental type breakfast. There was also a small breakfast set up at the Ocean Plaza area which is a great space. Hardly anyone was there in the morning, didn't have as much variety as the Marketplace though.