A Regent newbie booking shore excursions

There used to be a way of having it emailed to you but I am not sure if it working again or not. Someone else will likely chime in.

If you go to your cruise on the Regent website (not under "My Account" as those won't show excursions until midnight on the day you can book). You should be able to view excursions there. While a few excursions may be added or dropped from the list, it will give you a good idea of what your choices will be.

If you need further details, just ask!

Hello everyone,

shore excursions are available to book in about 10 days. Can I see what is available before the actual booking time??

Thanks

Travelcat2 has far more experience with Regent than I, but I have always found that doing what she suggests, that is looking at what the website is showing and making a note of the one that I want has always worked just fine on the day that bookings become available.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In my case as a Brit, I have just phoned Southampton Regent's UK office and requested that they send out a full email with the details, am or pm etc to make our choice when released even doing this a couple of days after the excursions are open. We have never not got what we wanted.

You can have the tours emailed to you. The email you receive will have the current tours as well as their departure times. Log onto the Regent's site and search for your cruise, you don't need to be logged in to do this. On the itinerary page click the first port for the cruise. On the page that comes up, just above the Legend box, you should see the link Receive All Available Tours Via E-mail. Click that link, fill in your email address and click submit. It usually takes 5-10 minutes for the email to come.

You can have the tours emailed to you. The email you receive will have the current tours as well as their departure times. Log onto the Regent's site and search for your cruise, you don't need to be logged in to do this. On the itinerary page click the first port for the cruise. On the page that comes up, just above the Legend box, you should see the link Receive All Available Tours Via E-mail. Click that link, fill in your email address and click submit. It usually takes 5-10 minutes for the email to come.

Yet another reason as to why Cruise Criric is so helpful. After 9 cruises on Regent, I never noticed this link :o

Thanks for that info.

Thanks for the info regarding the tour information being available via email. I had not noticed the link before and this is VERY helpful! I just tried it for an upcoming cruise and am delighted with the result.

Pat and Marg

Thank you! Sure makes it easier to see all the Shore Excursions in one place. :)

That’s what I do. I start checking my cruise several weeks before my selections are to be made then, voila, it appears. I print it, review them, and I am set for my picks.

Sheila

Thanks for the information. We are sailing with another couple. They are long time RSS customers. We are first time sailors with RSS. I looked so knowledgeable when I pointed out to them the email feature. They had never seen it.

Our tours went live last night. I got all of my first choices. Thanks for the help.

The email feature is even available now for our 2020 cruise Sheila -- I saw it yesterday when I was curious about excursions!

Hi Gerry

I saw that too, in recent weeks. When you send your email information, you get a response that says they are not yet available. But, closer to the excursion booking date, they do become available.

Here’s to 2020. May we all be well and love our cruise!

Sheila

Hello everyone,

shore excursions are available to book in about 10 days. Can I see what is available before the actual booking time??

Thanks

Newbie, I hope you have a better experience than mine when booking shore excursions.

I'll be sailing on RSSC Explorer - Lisbon to Cape Town, 24 days, November 2018 - and I just learned that Regent will not be offering shore excursions for all passengers at all ports. In some cases, ALL excursions in some ports were sold out on the first date they were available to me, even though I was online and trying to book at midnight EDT.

When I called Regent, they informed me that they have no intention of adding additional excursions, nor will they even start wait-lists. I've spoken with two customer service agents and a supervisor, and I was directed to read the Terms and Conditions, which state "Free unlimited shore excursions are on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability."

A common sense interpretation of those Terms and Conditions is that passengers may not receive their first choice of shore excursion, which is understandable. However, Regent claims that this condition means they are under NO obligation to provide excursions for all passengers. It's an absurd interpretation, in my opinion, particularly for a company that so aggressively promotes the "all inclusive experience." Most disturbing, it provides RSSC with justification to radically reduce the number of shore excursions available on all their cruises.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Newbie, I hope you have a better experience than mine when booking shore excursions.

I'll be sailing on RSSC Explorer - Lisbon to Cape Town, 24 days, November 2018 - and I just learned that Regent will not be offering shore excursions for all passengers at all ports. In some cases, ALL excursions in some ports were sold out on the first date they were available to me, even though I was online and trying to book at midnight EDT.

When I called Regent, they informed me that they have no intention of adding additional excursions, nor will they even start wait-lists. I've spoken with two customer service agents and a supervisor, and I was directed to read the Terms and Conditions, which state "Free unlimited shore excursions are on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability."

A common sense interpretation of those Terms and Conditions is that passengers may not receive their first choice of shore excursion, which is understandable. However, Regent claims that this condition means they are under NO obligation to provide excursions for all passengers. It's an absurd interpretation, in my opinion, particularly for a company that so aggressively promotes the "all inclusive experience." Most disturbing, it provides RSSC with justification to radically reduce the number of shore excursions available on all their cruises.

Wishing you the best of luck!

On the other thread I suggested that you contact Jason Montague, President and CEO of Regent. He definitely needs to hear about this.

I would like to add some additional information that cudof has not mentioned during her discussion of the shore excursion frustration she is experiencing. We are also on her cruise Lisbon to Cape Town. I also went online at 12 EDT to book our shore excursions on the first day. We were able to book all the excursions we wanted from the ones that were available.

There were 2 ports that said there were no shore excursions available - Sao Tome and Mindelo. Fine that can happen. I checked back frequently and up to and including today they still have the same blurb for Sao Tome that there are no shore excursions available at this time. You know the standard blurb that shows up prior to excursions being available.

I check our roll call frequently and one of the posters said they were able to book Sao Tome through their TA. At no time does it give you that opportunity online. I immediately sent a note to our TA and she was able to get us booked on the excursions we wanted.

Now had i not seen that post i would not have any excursions for those ports. I understand cudof's frustration as it was simply luck and the roll call that gave us the chance to book excursions.