Disney Dream 3 day cruise

woods79

We are thinking of doing a land/sea vacation next spring, and are looking at a 3 day on the Dream next May. Would prefer the 3 day sailing over 4 day sailing to avoid the theme parks on the weekend.

Would love to hear your thoughts about a 3 day sailing, is it to short and just a waste of money? This would be our first time on Disney. Have sailed RCCL, NCL and Celebrity in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My opinion only--I wouldn't do a 3 night cruise. A 3 night cruise is really barely 2 1/2 days. Yes, DCL packs all the most popular events into the schedule, but you really don't have time to enjoy the ship, to relax, etc. Most of the people on board are running around like crazy trying to "do everything," which is absolutely impossible. Many people on board are first timers and totally lost. It is hard to explain how much better a 4 night cruise is--you have a sea day, you have time to relax a little, and you significantly increase your time on board.

OK, I've done a 3 night cruise twice. Each time, there was a very good reason. Once it was a B2B with another cruise. Reality for me...by the time I get to MCO, get to the cruise terminal (which has cost attached), etc. I want to cruise as long as possible. We like the parks. We love the ships. I'd give up park time for a longer cruise. But that's just me.

We agree! Three day cruise is just too way short. We did one long time ago on a 7 night whirl wind trip - 4 at WDW and 3 on the DCL. After that experience, we reversed the process several times: 3 at WDW and 4 DCL.

Our favorite is a 4 night DCL cruise, currently on the Disney Dream. Have a sea day to enjoy the ship, including a brunch at Palo or Remy and an evening dinner at Remy ( a must). Our trips to Orlando now usually include visits to family and other retired friends in the area, a few days at WDW, and a 4 night cruise to rest up and relax.

I agree with the previous posters. We've only done two 3-day cruises in all our cruises. Our first ever Disney cruise on the Magic in 1998, which was combined with a park visit and like moki'smommy , as the back end of a B2B with a 7-day Southern Caribbean. 3-day cruises might be okay if you live near the port, but otherwise, I'd want to do a longer cruise.

We have done two 4 night cruises (one in 2003 and one in 2016) and just finished a 3 night. I agree with what the others have said...3 is too short! I'm not a long cruise person either but we were just getting around well on the Fantasy and it was over.

• 2 weeks later...

Our first DCL cruise of our 6 was a 3-night with our daughters and was super short. Then we did a 4th night. The 4 night has a sea day, which makes all the difference. We did another 3 day on the Dream because I wanted to make Gold and the 4 day didn't work. Wouldn't do it again. I prefer 7 or longer if possible.