Post cruise....POA

firstcruiserDB

Ship arrives back to Oahu at 7am. Our flight isn't until 4pm, and we really don't want to spend all that time at the airport. (Sorry...the search feature isn't working for me!)

Any recommendations about what to do with our last portion of the day in Hawaii? Would love to hear some ideas....

Thanks!!!

Take photography tour with either Oahu photo tours or Blue Hawaii photo tours. They probably would drop you off at the airport as well. Photo tours are great and you don’t need to have a camera at all but most people just use their phone. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on POA in October with a similar situation. I wanted to stay dry and sand-free, and I've already done all of the usual post-cruise Honolulu tours that NCL offers. The airlines generally won't let you check in with your bags until 4 hours before the flight, so the major decision is what to do with the luggage. Here is what I'm planning, YMMV:

POA docks at Pier 2. You can check your luggage at the pier terminal for $5/bag and come back to pick it up later in the day. I plan to walk ~0.25 miles west to check out Aloha Tower, and check out Iolani Palace a few blocks northeast. Then we'll walk about 1.6 miles east down Ala Moana Blvd to Ala Moana Center (open 9:30am) and kill time there until lunching at one of the many restaurants there (me, I like Bubba Gump's). After lunch, we'll walk or Uber back to the pier to pick up our bags, and then Uber 20 minutes to the airport.

The other option I found for short-term luggage storage is http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/ at the airport.

-- Kevin