Voyager July 2

We have loved Regent cruises over many years......and we all probably say this often, but this was the best ever!

We used Regent Air and flew Air France, Miami-Paris- Nice. Business Air was excellent and way better than my previous experiences on the same flight. Paris to Nice was, as expected, not so great...but a fast flight. Regent rep was waiting for us and we were checked in to the Fairmont Monte Carlo in no time. Room was ready and fine . Hotel was lovely and Nobu was just what we needed for a light but excellent dinner after walking around MC.

We were in the Master Suite (700). Oh my....the suite was beautiful, impeccable and beyond spacious (2 bed,2 and a half baths). I've experienced a comparable suite on Silverseas....but the Regent Master Suite was by far the best. Would have had no problem doing the world cruise in that suite ;p

Had been on the Voyager years ago (15?) and she was lovely then. She looks brand new today!! If I gave it much thought I could probably nit pick some design elements....but I can only say the Voyager was absolutely beautiful and immaculate.

The service, as I've come to expect on Regent... and have always been spoiled by .... was 100% perfection. Our Butler, Suresh, and the Executive Concierge, William, went above and beyond. They were truly special!! Everyone initially greeted us by saying "welcome back". Many of the staff have never seen us previously, but that made us feel indeed welcomed! Did recognize several staff from previous voyages so of course it was big hugs all around. The professionalism and the warmth of all the crew never ceases to amaze me!!

The only excursions we took was the Firenze On Your Own and Rome by Train. Both were fine and easy. I recall someone previously mentioning an uncomfortable train ride to Rome. Not our experience on this train. It was comfortable and reasonably quick.

The food.....ahhh....way too wonderful. Prime 7 was very good and we loved loved Chartreuse! CR was also excellent. I conducted my own contest for who had the best steak tartare. Lucky me, I sampled it in each of the restaurants. Chartreuse won! (y)

I think everyone on this cruise had to pass a niceness test before boarding. Was absolutely blown away by how friendly, upbeat and delightfully fun everyone was. We enjoyed meeting and spending time with so many!

Saw most of the shows. Every one was a delight. And Krew Kapers received and deserved a standing ovation.

Disembarked in Barcelona and spent 2 nights at again a Fairmont. This Fairmont was fine but a 10 minute taxi from city center. Since it was only 2 nights we went with that. On this cruise we wanted not to think and followed the KISS principle. "Keep it simple stupid!"

Private car took us to the airport for early flight from Barcelona to London to Miami on British Air. I'm not a fan of Heathrow nor BA. But transit at the airport was remarkably easy and Business Air upstairs was very good!

I realize this summary of our cruise is filled with exclamation points. Appropriate for how we felt about the entire trip. The ship, the ports that included some of our favorite cities (Firenze, Rome and Barcelona!), and the crew ....were all over the top!! Now it's time to plan another!:D

Thank you for taking the time to review your cruise. We have stayed in suite 700 and know how spacious and lovely it is (the Master suites on deck 11 are also gorgeous but I prefer the suite that you stayed in). IMO, the Master suites on Voyager are better than Explorer and from me that is saying a a lot!

It is heartwarming to read your comments about the crew - they are truly amazing people. We have sailed with Executive Concierge William before - he is absolutely delightful.

Reading your posts put a smile on my face which is a great way to start the day!