REFRESHMENT PACKAGE-It's Time to Do Some Math--It's Like High School All Over Again!!

Jeff is interested in the Refreshment Package. Jeff is not a drinker, so this package is perfect for Jeff. Jeff likes the coffee, the non-alcoholic cocktails, the soda, the bottled water, and of course, the freshly squeezed juices!

Jeff just found out that the refreshment package which is regularly $26/day is on sale at over 30% off....This translates to $18/day (which is really $21.24/day after the 18% gratuity).

When Jeff goes on his 9-day cruise, this will mean that the refreshment package will cost a total of $191.16 per person.

How many drinks does Jeff need to order each day to break even with this drink package??

Jeff thanks you for your help as Jeff has a "very important" decision to make!!

(Sometimes, math CAN be fun!!)

Depends on what a Jeff drinks. If it’s only water then 10 a day. If it’s soda then 5-6 a day. Fresh squeezed OJ 4 a day. Frozen virgin drinks 3-4 a day, specialty coffees 4-5 a day. Very easy to get your money’s worth on this package.

Warning: Side effects could include but are not limited to sugar highs, caffeine highs, inability to sleep, increased bathroom runs, and much, much more!!! LOL!

How much is Jeff willing to pay in order to not have to think about how much it costs?

Excellent question! If you see a guy walking off the ship holding 10 bottles of water, you'll know it's me after calculating if I got my money's worth!!

How did Jeff do on the math portion of the SAT?
Jeff bombed the SATs, but managed to survive!! He's now a boring accountant who is weighing the cost / benefit of the refreshment package!!

Jeff obviously has way too much time on his hands.... Jeff needs a life... That's why he is taking his family on this cruise! :-D

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

To answer your question, I would have to know the speed the Refreshment Package is traveling and the speed of the approaching Ultimate Beverage Package.
The Refreshment Package is traveling at approximately 22 knots... The UBP is staying in NJ! (not a drinker)!

Which cruise is Jeff going on? Number of sea/port days need to be factored in.

Yes this! If Jeff has a port intensive cruise and won’t be on the ship for 5-6 days, this may sway your decision.

I bought it for my 9-day Anthem cruise in ‘16. I don’t drink coffee at all, just soda and virgin drinks. I probably would just buy by the drink next time bc I didn’t have as many drinks as I thought I would. Then again, if I had gotten it on sale......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jeff bombed the SATs, but managed to survive!! He's now a boring accountant who is weighing the cost / benefit of the refreshment package!!

Jeff obviously has way too much time on his hands.... Jeff needs a life... That's why he is taking his family on this cruise! :-D

If Jeff is an accountant, Jeff should not be seeking arithmetic help from the general public. :D

Anthem of the Seas 9 days

Then there will be plenty of sea days, making the package a definite "thumbs-up".

If Jeff can't figure this out on his own then I sure as hockey sticks don't want him doing MY tax returns.

If Jeff can't figure this out on his own then I sure as hockey sticks don't want him doing MY tax returns.

I agree! I wouldn't want to do my taxes either!!;p

Besides, I don't know the prices of the individual drinks...Thus the question!!