Help with BARCELONMA HOTELS

palamoh

I am sure I read in a previous thread recommendations for a Hotel in Barcelona, but I can’t seem to find it. I know this forum has many seasoned travelers that have stayed in Barcelona. Could anyone please give me your recommendations. I know I can count on you.

You can get more info on the European port of call forum.

We love the K and K Hotel Picasso. It is a rather new hotel with no smoking, free wonderful breakfast and great service. The staff speaks perfect English.

It is located near the zoo which is a quieter area than the Las Ramblas area. It is also near the El Born with great restaurants.

Enjoy your trip!

As Jim and Stan wrote, the ARTS is fantastic and in a wonderful location with large rooms, fantastic service,

food and ocean and city views.

Personally we would never consider the area right around or on Las Ramblas to be a good one after many visits to Barcelona

Most people recommend the Arts:

https://www.hotelartsbarcelona.com/en/

Location cant be beaten, one could literally walk to and from the ship, and if you're careful with the room that you choose, the prices can be a very pleasant surprise.

Love the Arts, but would be hard pressed to walk to the port from there. Probable a couple of miles and not in a straight line either. Love Port Olympic area by the beach. Much to do there and the hop on bus stops on the corner. Prices are a little high but worth it. :):):)

If you like great, little boutique hotels - The 5 Rooms. It's about 1 1/2 blocks from Placa de Catalunya (hub for the HOHO buses and others). Terrific little hotel that gets high ratings all over the internet ... and lots of pictures. Do a Google search.

I am sure I read in a previous thread recommendations for a Hotel in Barcelona, but I can’t seem to find it. I know this forum has many seasoned travelers that have stayed in Barcelona. Could anyone please give me your recommendations. I know I can count on you.

After 40 years of international travel I have learned a few things one is about hotels. For the past 20 years I have standardized on ONE brand whether in Turlock CA to Singapore.... Go with Marriott... they are the largest hotel co and now took over Sheraton too. You can rely on what ever Marriott hotel you pick to be consistent in quality, service and comfort. The bed is fantastic. So I will say with confidence, anything Marriott anywhere is going to be one of the best and best value.

whether it is ther economy Fairfield or Ritz Carlton ( oh yes the Ritz is part of marriott) ( and you can earn points if your a guest) In Barcelona....Marriott, In Nice, Marriott, Paris, Vienna, Singapore..... Marriott..

Thought I would check out the Hotel Arts--it is owned by Marriott!

Right now we have reservations at Catalonia Hotel Catalunya. Good central location by Plaza Catalunya and has car rental on site. We plan to rent a car for a day or two so having that service on site was a plus.

It also has a room rate of around 125 euro, but breakfast not included.

We've stayed at El Palace and liked it quite a bit. It's a bit removed from the tourist areas, which was fine with us.

In past threads I've seen lots of recommendations for the hotel 1898. Perhaps that's the one you were thinking of?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

After 40 years of international travel I have learned a few things one is about hotels. For the past 20 years I have standardized on ONE brand whether in Turlock CA to Singapore.... Go with Marriott... they are the largest hotel co and now took over Sheraton too. You can rely on what ever Marriott hotel you pick to be consistent in quality, service and comfort. The bed is fantastic. So I will say with confidence, anything Marriott anywhere is going to be one of the best and best value.

whether it is ther economy Fairfield or Ritz Carlton ( oh yes the Ritz is part of marriott) ( and you can earn points if your a guest) In Barcelona....Marriott, In Nice, Marriott, Paris, Vienna, Singapore..... Marriott..

Except in Chicago. The Ritz Carlton there is not part of Marriott, but owned I think by Four Seasons. Don't know why or how.

Thought I would check out the Hotel Arts--it is owned by Marriott!

Right now we have reservations at Catalonia Hotel Catalunya. Good central location by Plaza Catalunya and has car rental on site. We plan to rent a car for a day or two so having that service on site was a plus.

It also has a room rate of around 125 euro, but breakfast not included.

In Barcelona, our favorite thing is to visit one of the small bakeries for breakfast. So having it oftered by the hotel is not important to us.

In 2012 we stayed at the Hotel Colon. It is situated opposite the Gothic Cathedral with good reasonably priced Spanish restaurants(ie local Spanish were eating there) in the Cathedral Square It had very helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and was close to a Hop on Hop off bus stop. I would stay there again. We didn't have any meals there preferring the nearby cafes.

In 2012 we stayed at the Hotel Colon. It is situated opposite the Gothic Cathedral with good reasonably priced Spanish restaurants(ie local Spanish were eating there) in the Cathedral Square It had very helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and was close to a Hop on Hop off bus stop. I would stay there again. We didn't have any meals there preferring the nearby cafes.

Greetings from South Beach, triplestar. We also stay at the Hotel Colon. Our last visit was last year, when we sailed on Explorer's Spring TA to Barcelona. It is our hotel of choice in Barcelona because the location is perfect for us. We get a room overlooking the plaza, and the view is charming. It is easy to find places to dine in the area.

If any of you are interested in beading, we found an area in the shopping center that has great stuff. Shops there carried everything, at least they did last April, and at all price levels. Who knew?

Mary

Edited by warburg
Spacing