Premium all inclusive.

We go on our cruise in April. We booked last year and the all inclusive was included in the price. I have looked at the drinks menu and noticed far more supplements than on our last cruise.

I believe you can upgrade to a premium drinks package once on the ship. I am wondering if this is the case and if so how much it may cost per person.

I personally think this is a bit of a rip off. Marella / Thomson are now starting to grate with me. None of this is mentioned when you book in the shop.

Calton :mad::mad:

Sorry the short reply.

I do think it's a bit of a nerve to ask for more money, when you are under the illusion, that most of the drinks are included. I would like to thank the person who posted the picture of the drinks menu. I would have been even more upset if I had gone on the ship and saw it.

Thanks.

Calton.

No problem the original drinks package on the older Thomson ships was never as good as the latest ships but its OK with some premium drinks but only house wine with meals, but if you are not aware of this I can understand it could be disappointing it is however better than the all inclusive on land based holidays, I honestly think you will find something on the menus to suit, have a great cruise.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

No problem the original drinks package on the older Thomson ships was never as good as the latest ships but its OK with some premium drinks but only house wine with meals, but if you are not aware of this I can understand it could be disappointing it is however better than the all inclusive on land based holidays, I honestly think you will find something on the menus to suit, have a great cruise.

Although our last 2 cruises have been on Discovery 2 where the normal All Inclusive choice is far superior, we have sailed on Dream 5 times and have always found plenty to drink on the basic menu without any need to upgrade to Premium.

Although our last 2 cruises have been on Discovery 2 where the normal All Inclusive choice is far superior, we have sailed on Dream 5 times and have always found plenty to drink on the basic menu without any need to upgrade to Premium.
Totally agree with you campolady we have not as yet upgraded but after the last two cruises on Discovery we like the extra choice and we do like our coffee at 3 to 4 cups pd and free water its a no brainer to upgrade for us and to be honest the amount is small set against the holiday cost but we would still not upgrade on the new ships. Fortunately we are all different[emoji2] [emoji106]

I have done 29 cruises with Marella and never upgraded

Not been on Discoveries yet - first time will be beginning of April

Hubbie drinks John Smiths and I drink Heineken when available We drink Rum & Coke and Gin or Vodka & Tonic - but be advised always stress you want Gordon's or Smirnoff or you may get house crap!! and they serve Schweppes from large bottles

We've found the house wine has greatly improved over the years

Coffee - I always take the sachets from the cabin ( stashed in my bag) and make my own coffee with the hot water

I asked in my local Tui shop and they didn't know about it or the price. I found a lovely video on youtube that shows the menu with what is included and what you get for the upgraded £50-70 pppw (depends on which ship and where you are in the world).

Pointed out that it says in the brochure that you can upgrade to premium drinks package. The staff have been there a long while but this knowledge isn't being trained to them or passed on to you.

Don't feel bad that this isn't being explained at the time of booking. It's not common knowledge yet but is being dealt with by head office, as I have spoken to them about this upsell.

After going through the drinks with the wife, we feel that all the stuff we like is already included, so no need for us to upgrade. It all depends on what you want. Also if you are doing a back to back 2-week cruise, don't do it and see how you go, you can always add it on later or even just for the second week.

Here is the video I watched:

_E78NH_nkTU

We go on our cruise in April. We booked last year and the all inclusive was included in the price. I have looked at the drinks menu and noticed far more supplements than on our last cruise.

I believe you can upgrade to a premium drinks package once on the ship. I am wondering if this is the case and if so how much it may cost per person.

I personally think this is a bit of a rip off. Marella / Thomson are now starting to grate with me. None of this is mentioned when you book in the shop.

Calton :mad::mad:

Hi it is a rip off it’s £50 each you have to pay for everyone in your party everything is extra even £10 to visit the bridge

So they you go so it must be a while since you have been so your information is out of date and that’s not the only thing that is extra like leaning to play porker and Pilates and also water you are not allowed to fill up water bottles

So they you go so it must be a while since you have been so your information is out of date and that’s not the only thing that is extra like leaning to play porker and Pilates and also water you are not allowed to fill up water bottles

same for poker on P&O, you have to buy discounted chips

you can fill water bottles, put the water in a glass first or fill from your cabin tap, it is the same water!

We went on before Xmas and no charge ,also if we don't want to pay for water we ask the cabin steward to fill any bottle we want filling if we are getting off early , I don't feel people should fill their own bottles due to cross infection and if I'm on a cruise if I have to spend a few quid extra so be it.

We have just got off the Discovery 2. We didn't get the upgrade as the drinks that were included were just fine. I don't like shorts but I do like John Smiths Bitter, Peroni Lager and Strongbow Cider. I had a few cocktails too which were fine. At dinner we had the house wines which were adequate.

Each to their own but I didn't notice many people ordering from the upgrade menu. Also I didn't see or hear any staff trying to sell the upgrade package.

Mick