Booking Celebrity on board Royal?

Mr. Click

We booked a Royal cruise while on a recent Celebrity cruise and got the perks being offered by Royal at that time. Now that cruise is coming up in 7 weeks and we are looking at a Celebrity cruise from Cape Liberty to Bermuda in mid July. Right now there are offering the GO Better deal for "no added cost". So I have two questions. If I wait until we are on our Royal cruise in late May to book it do I still get Celebrity booking on board benefits? What are those benefits now? And do we know how long the current GO Better offer is running? Thanks in advance

You will get whatever deals and perks are in force the day you book, no matter which of the two cruise lines you are on when you make the booking, Your best strategy is to do a mock booking the day before you leave, so you know exactly what perks you will be entitled to when you make the actual booking on board. You will get some additional OBC for booking on board over and above whatever you see on the mock booking.

I know we get some additional OBC for booking on board. In the past it has been $200 but does anyone know what it is currently? I know things are always changing but I am just wondering about now. Trying to be better prepared before I call Celebrity since they don't always know...the real answer

I know we get some additional OBC for booking on board. In the past it has been $200 but does anyone know what it is currently? I know things are always changing but I am just wondering about now. Trying to be better prepared before I call Celebrity since they don't always know...the real answer

The on-board booking bonus OBC depends on the duration and cabin class - also some itineraries are excluded. Here is a link to the current on-board offers:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Onboard_Offer_Mar_2018_Offerv2.pdf

Additional side note: if you find the booking you want, it's a good idea to do a screen capture of what you find.

The agent has the same information as we do, but Royal has so many different variations, it can help expedite your booking if you can show him exactly what you want.

Cheers:)

Be very sure you know what you want and expect. A screen shot is a very good idea. I found that RCI sales agents on board do not know much about Celebrity. If you are Elite and get the one category upgrade be sure and tell them. I told the RCI agent but he didn't give me the correct price, nor the $50 credit per cruise for b2b. I had to call X when I got home to get the price properly adjusted. For that reason, I kept the booking in my name, not my TA, knowing I had to get the correction done at home. Easier to do that and then transfer to my TA. Also watch out for the refundable vs. nonrefundable rate. Read the small print when you get the final printout. I didn't until I got home and found he had given me the nonrefundable rate instead of the refundable as I requested. Thankfully, Celebrity, as of today at least, still offers the reduced deposit for booking on board!

Be very sure you know what you want and expect. A screen shot is a very good idea. I found that RCI sales agents on board do not know much about Celebrity. If you are Elite and get the one category upgrade be sure and tell them. I told the RCI agent but he didn't give me the correct price, nor the $50 credit per cruise for b2b. I had to call X when I got home to get the price properly adjusted. For that reason, I kept the booking in my name, not my TA, knowing I had to get the correction done at home. Easier to do that and then transfer to my TA. Also watch out for the refundable vs. nonrefundable rate. Read the small print when you get the final printout. I didn't until I got home and found he had given me the nonrefundable rate instead of the refundable as I requested. Thankfully, Celebrity, as of today at least, still offers the reduced deposit for booking on board!

You do not need to be Elite - you qualify for the category upgrade after 1 cruise with Celebrity.