Pacific Jewel refurb?

CoopColbie

• 5 weeks later...

Given the budget, I imagine only mechanical, electrical and plumbing maintenance. Very little in the way of redecorating, or upgrading public rooms or cabins.

I am not convinced that the P&O statement re the future of Pacific Jewel, says much to refute the idea that she will leave the fleet sooner rather than later. If they expected her to be staying until the Golden Princess comes over to P&O in 2020, she's going to be in a very poor state, decor -wise, by then.

Given the budget, I imagine only mechanical, electrical and plumbing maintenance. Very little in the way of redecorating, or upgrading public rooms or cabins.

I am not convinced that the P&O statement re the future of Pacific Jewel, says much to refute the idea that she will leave the fleet sooner rather than later. If they expected her to be staying until the Golden Princess comes over to P&O in 2020, she's going to be in a very poor state, decor -wise, by then.

Actually if you read between the lines they state that it's inevitable the smaller ships will be replace by larger ones - also the Jewel's bookings finish late next year. Probably when it will be sold I'd say. I just hope it's still OK for my little 3 nighter later this year :)

Isn’t the Jewel considered a small ship? Keeping her in the fleet and giving her a proper makeover (she was the first to get the current ‘makeovers’ in the P&O fleet - so scheduled to be first off the blocks for anything new) would feed into current trends.

The dry dock is 10 days - the Dawn dry dock was 14 days and in that time it got The Pantry, waterslides and a significant refurb. 10 day seems likely me a long time for just engine and electrical updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

P&O have put some info up on FB regarding the Jewel's refurbishment. Some of the details include:

- focus on public areas, providing guests with more spaces to sit and relax

- Connextions is being totally redesigned with a summer-inspired pub theme (not too dissimilar to The Explore Hotel on Pacific Explorer)

- Not getting a water slide

- Replacing Luna with Shell & Bones Seafood Restaurant (with grill and vegetarian options)

- There are some photos with the post and it looks like they are putting in some lawn at the back of one of the decks (where they have those empty-spaces) for lawn games, and the Oasis is getting updated fittings. Plus it will be getting the new 'Explorer' style paint-job.