10:15 AM departure from Vancouver

zodiac1

My West Jet flight that was suppose to depart YVR on May 27 at 12:15 PM, was just changed to 10:15 AM! Is there ANY way we could make a 10:15 AM departure if we carry our bags off ship and leave as soon as ship is cleared??? Looks like there will be 2 ships in port that day. Next flight departs at 4:45 PM and is not a direct flight.

My West Jet flight that was suppose to depart YVR on May 27 at 12:15 PM, was just changed to 10:15 AM! Is there ANY way we could make a 10:15 AM departure if we carry our bags off ship and leave as soon as ship is cleared??? Looks like there will be 2 ships in port that day. Next flight departs at 4:45 PM and is not a direct flight.

I would say highly unlikely to make that early a flight.

ANY way? Of course - you could potentially be at YVR by 8am if you're the first people off the ship. Even with US preclearance it's possible you could make a flight that early, but without Global Entry/NEXUS to speed you through the assorted queues it's risky.

Would I risk it personally? Nope - way too many things to go wrong. If I was coming from home and didn't need to worry about port-related issues I'd happily risk leaving 2 hours before my flight (we do have NEXUS), but not from the pier where delays arriving, with CBSA clearing the ship, and with the other ship arriving and starting disembarkation earlier are entirely outside your control.

If the airline changed the flights that much, you should easily get a no-fee change to a later flight. Vancouver is among the least-annoying places to kill a few hours while waiting for a flight... go see a touristy thing or two, or just have a few beers and a nice lunch downtown before heading to the airport. WestJet codeshares with Delta, so you should have access to their flights too - I find it hard to believe you have no other nonstop options available.

Even pulling the fire alarm will have you likely missing your flight.

Reverse timeline

• 10:15am wheels up
  • 8:15am you need to be at airport for 2 hours pre-flight check-in a registration for a domestic flight
  • 7:30am is the latest you want to be boarding a cab
  • 7am walk off???
  • 6:30am ship docking

Very tight.... can you guarantee a 6:30am dock and be the first walk-offs for the first cabs???

Vancouver is a great port to be stuck without a boat or plane.

I believe we are on this same flight. Did the entire flight change or just your reservations? This is news to me!

[*]8:15am you need to be at airport for 2 hours pre-flight check-in a registration for a domestic flight

I'm not sure where you found this information, but I fly to YVR monthly and I never arrive at the airport two hours ahead for a domestic flight. If I have a bag to check I arrive 60-75 mins ahead, if not then 45-60 mins and never have a problem.

It looks like the OP is flying to the US, so I'd say 90 mins minimum. On a Sunday morning, this would mean needing to be off the ship minimum two hours before the flight. Tight but certainly doable without too much stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I would say highly unlikely to make that early a flight.

My May 6 flight - I,learned the same thing. The airlines never informed the cruise ships who had no idea and travel agents were never informed. I found out by accident and posted several places here. My travel agent got me on a Air Canada flight at 1:00 and since I booked thru cruise line they had to pay the new fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vancouver is a very busy city and the drive from the cruise center is in the city . With 2 ships arriving, taxis will be at a premium and space on the sky train will be small with 4000 getting off the ship in a city of 3 million people at rush hour.

You will not make a 10:30 flight. You need to clear customs at the terminal even though you did customs at Canada Place.

Take a late flight when you are arriving in a different country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you get a new flight? Are you flying to San Diego? There are several choices before 4:45.

Sent from my iPad using Forums