step stool for bathroom

shof515

anyone have good suggestions for a step stool/riser step kind of thing to make going in/out of the bathroom easier. that step for the bathroom seems bigger compare to a regular step in my area

The step into the bathroom on cruise ships is generally 6"- 8"depending in the ship. In the USA the average rise of a step is 7"- 8".

You can search for a 4" rise folding step stool on GOOGLE. Amazon and Ebay generally sells it,

• 1 month later...

Ruth made a little 2” high step stool out of wood and just took it with her when ever we ended up in a standard cabin. Actually, if you just cut out a piece of 2” thick Styrofoam insulation, that would probably work well. I made both a step stool for my van and a portable ramp out of the 2” Styrofoam (double thickness) and both work very well. For the step stool, I added a cord so it could be pulled up in the van. For the ramp, it folds over and I have cords to attach it to the tiller and back of the seat on my scooter. If you use Styrofoam, I'd suggest that you wrap it with duct tape.

As someone else mentioned, it is a short step, approximately 4”.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

It's not a big step....you could ask if a "ramp" is available.

SMH. really? newsflash: for many people that step IS too high a rise to go up or down safely.

for me, I was a mere 3 months post op (new hip) on my last cruise and while going up was okay, coming back down was NOT. especially when underway and the ship was swaying. under surgery protocols I could only handle steps a certain way and because there are no railings at the door it did make it harder.