Talbots Company Store

Talbot’s Outlets that are located in outlet malls carry entirely different clothing than regular Talbot’s Stores, I have never heard of Talbot’s Company Stores. Maybe someone else can answer that part of your question. However, I have shopped at a Talbot’s Clearance Center and it had clothing from regular Talbot’s stores, most likely left over from the Red Hanger sales. I have gotten some great bargains at the clearance store. I don’t bother going to Talbot’s Outlet as the clothing isn’t all that great.

My wife and I went into the Talbots Outlet a couple of weeks ago.

The merchandise was quite a bit different then what you find in the regular Talbots store and was bought exclusively for that store.

To get items that Talbots carries at a discount I would wait for them to go on clearance.

Keith

I agree with Keith. If you haven’t already, sign up for Talbots emails and you will be notified of sales including their clearance sales. I also check online during clearance sales and if I see something I like and the store does not have it in my size, I order it from their Red Phone and pay no shipping even though it is sent directly to my home. Many times clearance items that I see online will say “not available on line” and in that case, a store employee can try and find it at another store. It will be shipped to you directly from that store without any shipping charges.

Checking online, I see only 3 clearance stores in the US. If you would like to check these out, google Talbots Clearance Stores.

Clothing for all "outlet" stores are made specifically for the outlets...you will not find them in a regular store.

That's not necessarily true. Chico's outlets, for example, have a section of clearance that was originally in Chico's regular stores as well as some made-for-outlet items.

That's not necessarily true. Chico's outlets, for example, have a section of clearance that was originally in Chico's regular stores as well as some made-for-outlet items.

I occasionally shop at a Chico’s Outlet store located in a very large outlet mall and I have never seen any items from a regular Cisco’s store. The clothes in each of these 2 stores are very different in style and quality-or so it seems to me. I do purchase from both types of Chico’s stores and had no idea that some of the outlet stores also carried clearance items from the regular stores.

I occasionally shop at a Chico’s Outlet store located in a very large outlet mall and I have never seen any items from a regular Cisco’s store. The clothes in each of these 2 stores are very different in style and quality-or so it seems to me. I do purchase from both types of Chico’s stores and had no idea that some of the outlet stores also carried clearance items from the regular stores.

My Chico's outlet has changed its merchandising in the last couple of years. I went there maybe a year ago, and all they had was stuff from the regular stores. (I left without buying anything--without even looking around, actually.) I went last week, and they were back to the outlet-only stuff in the front and the clearance from the stores in the back. I happen to like the outlet-only stuff; I agree that perhaps it's a bit lower quality, but it's also lower in price. For certain items, like their cargo pants, I don't need to pay $40-50 more for a touch more quality (usually it's trim or one more pocket).

My Chico's outlet has changed its merchandising in the last couple of years. I went there maybe a year ago, and all they had was stuff from the regular stores. (I left without buying anything--without even looking around, actually.) I went last week, and they were back to the outlet-only stuff in the front and the clearance from the stores in the back. I happen to like the outlet-only stuff; I agree that perhaps it's a bit lower quality, but it's also lower in price. For certain items, like their cargo pants, I don't need to pay $40-50 more for a touch more quality (usually it's trim or one more pocket).

Interesting. Maybe Chico’s is just trying to figure out what will work best for their bottom line. I agree about the cost. Frankly, I only purchase from a regular Chico’s store when there is a good sale going on or from their clearance sales. Same with Talbots. I get emails from both and shop when there is a good offer.

Hi, maybe it varies but I have a Chico's Outlet near me and they had many items that the regular store carries........they may

be from last season but I know I saw alot of different pants that I had previously noticed at my regular Chico's store.

They do also have their own stuff (not carried at the regular store) but at least at my outlet, I have seen both.......actually,

I love both stores:D,,,,,,,I was at the outlet 2 weeks ago........found quite a few new things:D

Interesting. Maybe Chico’s is just trying to figure out what will work best for their bottom line. I agree about the cost. Frankly, I only purchase from a regular Chico’s store when there is a good sale going on or from their clearance sales. Same with Talbots. I get emails from both and shop when there is a good offer.

Yes, if I see an item at Chico's (or Talbots) that I like, I'll wait for a coupon or a sale to buy it. I also get Chico's gift cards from places like Cardpool for an additional 20% savings.

Chico's Outlet has a website (chicosofftherack.com) also. No free shipping for Passport members, but right now they have free shipping with $100 purchase.

It’s interesting. I’m a long time Talbots shopper, and we also have a Talbots outlet at a Tanger Outlet nearby. The Talbots Outlet definitely has different merchandise than Talbots.

My sister lives in North Carolina, and she has a Talbots Company Store ( that’s the sign on the building). She can get regular Talbots merchandise, including some from last year, but the clothes are only available several weeks after my store has them. I know this because we are sailing together in a couple weeks and don’t want to look like the Bobbsey Twins, so we compared our purchases.

https://www.talbots.com/online/landing/landingPage.jsp?landingPage=premium_outlet