free drinks on Costa Victoria

aliceatsea

We have booked the repo cruise Singapore to Saverno on Costa Victoria for Feb 2018.

We have cruised on MSC before, but not Costa. We are South African, with an appalling exchange rate, and a drinks package was not included in the "deal" we bought. An all inclusive package is just ridiculously expensive for us when you x by 14 :eek: and consider that both cabin occupants have to buy it.

so...... what drinks/beverages are available at the buffet and MDR that are included? Can we get water and ice all day? Can we fill water bottles? Tea? Coffee? Hot water? Juice at breakfast?

Also, the coffee package still works out really expensive for us. An espresso or cappuccino is 4x what we'd pay here. I have a small hand held espresso maker that I use for camping (Wacaco Minipresso) - you just add hot water. Is there access to hot water in the cabins so I can get my morning fix?

What type of cabin category have you booked Classic or Premium?

For breakfast in buffet and MDR there are tea (bags), hot water, coffee, hot and cold milk, water, several juices. During the day the buffet may or may not have drinks available (certainly not the juices), this varies according to the ship.

If you have a premium cabin, then you can get free breakfast in the cabin, includes tea, coffee, juices, hot and cold milk, hot chocolate.

Filling your water bottle is frowned upon, because of hygenic reasons (people drinking from the bottle and then putting under the water tap. To fill your water bottles use a coffee mug or juice glass as a go between.

Don't know if the Victoria have a kettle in the cabin. Hot water available in buffet and with room service (free with premium cabin).

thank you. we have booked a classic inside cabin, so no frills :p I don't really care about breakfast in the cabin.... and what is available sounds about the same as on MSC. We have done 2 x 25 day cruises without any drinks package .... and survived! - so I'm sure we will manage again, as long as I can get a caffeine fix and water throughout the day. My husband says he likes me much more after a glass (or three) of wine though..... ;)

• 5 months later...