Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

MVPinBoynton

i hope Carnival will participate!

I honestly don't remember but I seem to think that they didn't participate last year. I have a source that can tell me though, I'm pretty sure. I'll leave a message here when I find out.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

I honestly don't remember but I seem to think that they didn't participate last year. I have a source that can tell me though, I'm pretty sure. I'll leave a message here when I find out.

Tom

That would be great! We have an earlier than I would like flight the day of disembarkation-11:20 and that would help us get to the airport quickly! I messaged John Heald and he said he would look into it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have used the service out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale- but it wasn't free. It WAS convenient- we filled out the form, got our boarding passes on the ship, went on an excursion, and then to the airport. We never saw our luggage until we landed at home. It's great to hear that Seattle is offering it free. We're staying for a few days in Seattle, though, and the owner of the apartment we're renting emailed us the information about luggage atorage at the Edgewater. So I guess that's what we'll try.

We have used the service out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale- but it wasn't free. It WAS convenient- we filled out the form, got our boarding passes on the ship, went on an excursion, and then to the airport. We never saw our luggage until we landed at home. It's great to hear that Seattle is offering it free. We're staying for a few days in Seattle, though, and the owner of the apartment we're renting emailed us the information about luggage atorage at the Edgewater. So I guess that's what we'll try.

Although the Port Valet progam is the same as Princess' EZ-Check, it is not the same as it is run by the Port of Seattle.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
I posted a message on the Port of Seattle's facebook page, they said the Bliss IS participating in this program this year.

I posted a message, too on Port of Seattle FB page as well, but I have not received a response. Our flight leaves at 11:11, and was asking about the service with our early flight.

I have read in a number of places the service is available for flights after 11:00am, but seeing some of these posts is making me nervous! We have scheduled a limo to airport. :confused:

I posted a message, too on Port of Seattle FB page as well, but I have not received a response. Our flight leaves at 11:11, and was asking about the service with our early flight.

I have read in a number of places the service is available for flights after 11:00am, but seeing some of these posts is making me nervous! We have scheduled a limo to airport. :confused:

Here are a couple of posts on another thread regarding HAL. Haven't seen any 11 am so far.

Originally posted by midwest 852
We used it last year had a 1:10 pm flight.

Originally posted by Love the beach
We also used it last year with a 1:30 pm flight.

Here are a couple of posts on another thread regarding HAL. Haven't seen any 11 am so far.

Originally posted by midwest 852 We used it last year had a 1:10 pm flight.

Originally posted by Love the beach We also used it last year with a 1:30 pm flight.

An 1100 or 1111am flight is too early for that program from Pier 91 which would be cruises on Princess, Holland-America, Celebrity, Carnval, or Royal Caribbean. At least it would have been last year. I suspect it will be the same this year.

Tom

I have still not gotten a response from Port of Seattle. But I contacted HAL today and we can use the Luggage Direct program through them. There is a cost of $19.95 per passenger, and flights must be 11:00am or after. So if Port Valet doesn't work for us (which from what people keep writing, it doesn't), then Luggage Direct does. No more nervous, just happy! 7 days away!

I believe I stated the wrong time from last year earlier in a post. This statement below is what was put out last year and I suspect will not change this year. So your 11:11am departure should be good.

Tom

--------------------------------------------

This program is only offered to guests flying from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) with Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only), JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines. For domestic and international flights, the first segment of the flight should be a participating airline and the connecting flight can be with a different airline as long as it's booked on the same record locator number on the reservation. Flight departure time must be after 11:00 am from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation and Southwest Airlines flights must not be later than 6:00 pm from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation.

I believe I stated the wrong time from last year earlier in a post. This statement below is what was put out last year and I suspect will not change this year. So your 11:11am departure should be good.

Tom

--------------------------------------------

This program is only offered to guests flying from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) with Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (domestic flights only), JetBlue Airways, and United Airlines. For domestic and international flights, the first segment of the flight should be a participating airline and the connecting flight can be with a different airline as long as it's booked on the same record locator number on the reservation. Flight departure time must be after 11:00 am from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation and Southwest Airlines flights must not be later than 6:00 pm from Seattle on the same day of disembarkation.

Tom, so glad to see you post. You were the one that gave me hope when you posted on Roll Calls last year about Port Valet! I hope you are doing great! Thank you!

Tom, so glad to see you post. You were the one that gave me hope when you posted on Roll Calls last year about Port Valet! I hope you are doing great! Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them very much. Yep, I'm doing well (any day above ground is a good day) and still doing the postings on the Roll Calls for all the Pier 91 cruises out of Seattle again. You cruising to Alaska this year on anybody? We just did a 3-day from LA to Vancouver 2 weeks ago and will be doing a 7 Day on the Ruby from Seattle-Monterey-Seattle in Sept. and have scheduled a Germany-NYC on the Regal in Sep of 2019 if nothing interferes. Was able to switch our reservation to take in the current sale to netted us $1000 in OBC. That was the most profitable phone call we've ever made.

Drop me a line at my handle here at gmail.com if you want to chat.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
That’s great news. We will head for the last nonstop flight of the morning to Charlotte more or less hands free. Will report back on how it works.

We just got back off the Eurodam on the 19th, used Port Valet - it was smooth and luggage free! Hope it works for you, too.

Just returned from Carnival Legend the luggage service wasn't available. My guess is Carnival is all about making extra money. They don't allow you to carry on plastic bottles of water but will sell you a 12 pack of water in plastic bottles you can carry on wine at the port only. We did Lyft to SeaTac with tip is was about $40 for the three of us, we had 3 large suitcases and a few smaller ones.

The paperwork said it can only be used for flights after 11AM. I was on the Emerald Princess from Alaska May20-27 with the disembark of 7 AM and a flight leaving at 11:32 AM. The Seattle Port Valet worked good and I did not see it until I landed. Only problem was the $25 JetBlue airline luggage fee that Princess charged me. My ticket, that Princess received a copy of, showed my ticket included one bag and I also wrote that on the Princess Port Valet application. Since the fee was the last item on our bill and we did not see it until disembark time, I could not dispute it at that time. The airlines did not show am extra fee so I emailed the complaint 2 days ago to Princess and am still waiting to hear back from them. I would recommend using this free service.

Of course, it is not actually "free". I am sure the high Hotel fees visitors helps pay for it.

Or... the Seattle City Council will enact a new tax for private companies to pay to subsidize the Port of Seattle.

Economics 101 = Nothing is Free

On another thread, it was mentioned that this service was only offered on Southwest flights from 11 - 4. Can anybody confirm this? I called the Port of Seattle and they referred me to the ship. We are sailing on the Carnival Legend if that makes a difference.

Port of Seattle told you to check with Carnival because each cruise line sets the flight time frame that's eligible.

According to the Port's website, all cruise lines are participating this 2018 season (someone said their ship didn't). So, if you're sailing from Port of Seattle and don't see the paperwork in your cabin, you might want to double check with your ship's guest services.

I used the free service in Sept. '17, and glad I did! My 28" was slightly overweight with added souvenirs, (NO CHARGE), I also checked a carry-on (Southwest/up to 2 checked bags - free); both were waiting for me on the carousel when I got off the 2nd leg of my flight home. Sweet.

Edited by aVacation4me