Shower chair rental

rangeley

If you're asking about renting a wheelchair for the duration of the cruise, check with special needs at sea dot com. I believe they are the only rental company NCL will allow on board to deliver equipment. The wheelchair will be in your room after you board. NCL can provide wheelchair assistance the day you board and when you disembark. Let their special needs Dept know if you want this assistance. Also, from Special Needs if you are staying at a hotel they can deliver a rental chair to your hotel and you can leave it in your stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

Just be aware that the shower chair offered by the cruise line is a tub bench, usually without a back, and without a cut out or wheels, so cannot also be used over the toilet. You can rent a rolling shower/commode chair from the same company mention above, but it won't be cheap.

Has anyone ever rented a shower commode chair for a cruise? My husband just got a new chair and it doesn't fold up. We are leaving out of Miami on NCL. Any info would be appreciated.

Cindy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

RE: Wheelchair - as previously posted NCL only has one approved rental vendor. http://www.SpecialNeedsatSea.com.

RE: Shower commode chair - The cruise line does not provide shower commonde chairs. NCL only provides a shower chair free of charge. If you are wanting a wheeled chair that doubles as a shower chair and toilet commode chair you'll have to rent it through http://www.SpecialneedsatSea.com. If you booked an accessible cabin it will have a fold down shower seat and you can request a toilet sea raiser through NCL's Special Needs Dept.

The seats provided by the ship didn't work for my mother, so we invested in a travel shower commode chair, which worked both for the roll-in shower and over the toilet. The one we bought (on eBay) was a Chameleon (Italian made) but I know a lot of people who have ones made by Nuprodx or Go-Anywhere. No charge for checking these on the airlines, easy to use, and worth the purchase cost when used for a lot of travel vs. renting.

• 2 months later...
The seats provided by the ship didn't work for my mother, so we invested in a travel shower commode chair, which worked both for the roll-in shower and over the toilet. The one we bought (on eBay) was a Chameleon (Italian made) but I know a lot of people who have ones made by Nuprodx or Go-Anywhere. No charge for checking these on the airlines, easy to use, and worth the purchase cost when used for a lot of travel vs. renting.

There's no charge to checking a shower commode chair? I didn't know that. That's interesting. We've been trying to figure out what we were going to do without a rolling shower chair.

There's no charge to checking a shower commode chair? I didn't know that. That's interesting. We've been trying to figure out what we were going to do without a rolling shower chair.

all durable medical equipment flies for free in cargo.. you can also gate check most items and they too are not charged. DME is also NOT counted as part of your luggage allotment.