Maui--Old Lahaina Luau

cruisersmom

You can walk to the OLL from the Lahaina tender dock.( it's a long walk along sidewalks, but doable) or otherwise use taxi or Uber. I would want transportation after the luau is over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Google Maps shows 1.2 miles & it's only .3 to the Feast at Lele.

Two completely different experiences

I've been to both several times & have posted numerous times about the differences.

Both shows are produced by the same company and both provide great performances & food but they are not "completely different experiences". :rolleyes:

OLL is a great Hawaiian performance with luau food; Feast at Lele is a great Polynesian performance with a sitdown Polynesian meal...both are great experiences located on the Lahaina shoreline. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to bump this thread and bring some recent opinions. When we did Hawaii on RC in 2013 we did not do a Luau. We're looking at one of the Celeb city Apr 2019 Hawaii trips with an overnight on Maui and won't be skipping the Luau this time. Any recommendations?

Trying to bump this thread and bring some recent opinions. When we did Hawaii on RC in 2013 we did not do a Luau. We're looking at one of the Celeb city Apr 2019 Hawaii trips with an overnight on Maui and won't be skipping the Luau this time. Any recommendations?

Will you be overnighting in Lahaina? If so, the OLL is still the best luau.

Even if overnighting in Kahului you’ll still need transportation to West Maui & the OLL is best. Another option would be a luau in Wailea which is about half the distance as to West Maui (Lahaina to Kapalua). The luaus I know about are at the Grand Wailea & Marriott but not on every evening.

It’s possible to find discounts to the large hotel luaus but the OLL is so popular (book early) they do not need to offer discounts.

As mentioned before, just remember that those luaus are not the same. Old Lahaina Luau is Hawaiian. Drums of the Pacific is Polynesian.

And I prefer a Hawaiian version.

For anyone who wants to see fire dancers, that's Samoan & is included in other large hotel luaus but not at the OLL.

Feast at Lele has entertainment & food representing four Polynesian cultures: Hawaiian, Tahitian, Maori (NZ) and Samoan. It's an excellent more intimate experience with table service for food & drinks on a Lahaina beach. It's not a traditional luau but it's a great experience.

• 1 month later...
Several have posted to book OLL “early”. We will be in Maui in December after Christmas through New Years. How early do I need to book that? There will be 11 of us!

It would be best to call them for an answer: +1 (808) 667-1998

Being the holidays it will probably be busier but don’t know how early they’ll accept reservations. I’ve made reservations 6 weeks in advance for Valentine’s Day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi luau experts! Some advice please... we will be in Maui on May 1 2019, RCI Ovation of the Seas. I presume tendering to Lahaina. The OLL runs from 5.45-8.45pm. Our ship leaves at 10pm. Will we have enough time to get back?

Thanks in advance for the advice [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi luau experts! Some advice please... we will be in Maui on May 1 2019, RCI Ovation of the Seas. I presume tendering to Lahaina. The OLL runs from 5.45-8.45pm. Our ship leaves at 10pm. Will we have enough time to get back?

Thanks in advance for the advice [emoji1]

If you figure the very last tender will be at 9:30 it could be tight. OLL is a little more than a mile north of the main part of town where the tenders are. It’s about a half hour walk (although some sidewalks are tight and not well maintained or lit) or a 7-10 min ride in normal conditions. But traffic in Lahaina can be a parking lot sometimes and with everyone leaving the luau at the same time that could easily be 20-25 min.

If no one has mobility issues in your group and you’d be willing to hoof it out in the event you couldn’t find a taxi or Uber after it ended I’d say it’s doable. You’d also have to be willing to get up early if it were running behind schedule.

Thanks princeton12321. Food for thought. We are staying on Oahu for a few days so maybe best option is to do luau somewhere there instead (no stress about missing the ship!).

We have done the Old Lahaina Luau twice now but we were in port until 11 PM. Last time, we left the Luau around 9 PM or a little after, grabbed a cab back and got in line for the Tenders. Next year we will do the Chef's Luau on Oahu as we are in Port until 11 PM. it is 25 miles from the Aloha Towers where we will be docked.