Journey..25th March..departure point please.

Top Tripper

Hi

I used to live in Singapore and still go there regularly so perhaps I can be of help. Based on my knowledge of the ports, and having cruised from their several times I would go SCC for a few reasons: SCC Harbourfront is where the smaller ships can dock. If you look at the websites Journey is scheduled to dock at SCC along with Silver Shadow whilst Viking Sun and Genting Dream are at Marina Bay. Singaporean semi-government websites are reliable so I would go to SCC if I were you. Taxi's are cheap and the two are not far apart should the unthinkable happen, but it is pretty unthinkable. I actually much prefer SCC, there is a lot there in terms of services and it's easy to access whereas Marina Bay has nothing much to recommend it at all.

I would expect so, but actually haven’t heard.

I’ll be in the offices on Friday so I’ll ask for you.

Thanks Bonnie

Nothing has come out yet. Cruise Critic followers will be ok but others will not without a communication, sorry to bang on about it, I just selfishly don’t want to be surrounded by unhappy campers on 25th and it’s over a month since this issue was first spotted.

For other reasons my cruise ticket booklet was reissued three days ago, still with the incorrect information on it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just received the following:

Dear Azamara Guest,

We have some important information regarding your upcoming cruise on the Azamara Journey on the 25th of March, 2018.

Please note the following update for the Port Information:

The Azamara Journey will be docked at:

Singapore Cruise Centre

55 Pasir Panjang Road,

Singapore 118810

In order to avoid any confusion, please ensure that you advise your transportation providers to drop-off and pick-up at this location.

We look forward to seeing you onboard.

Sincerely,

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bonnie for the help!

Just received the following:

Dear Azamara Guest,

We have some important information regarding your upcoming cruise on the Azamara Journey on the 25th of March, 2018.

Singapore Cruise Centre

55 Pasir Panjang Road,

Singapore 118810

In order to avoid any confusion, please ensure that you advise your transportation providers to drop-off and pick-up at this location.

Sincerely,

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bonnie for the help!

My pleasure. And I apologize for the delay.

It’s ok Odd I’m trusting good old BA with the major directional challenges and my recheck will be “am I able to get a decent Sling at the hotel bar?” [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi..talking of 'slings'..has anyone else heard that Raffles is closed for refurbishment?

Indeed, we had planned to treat ourselves to a night there. However I found in the past although their Slings were in the iconic setting, the ones at the Fullerton or Intercontinental were made to order and not bulk made up. I will of course submit my body for further research in two weeks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Raffles Singapore has commenced on Phase 3 of our three-phase restoration programme on 13 December 2017. The hotel is now fully closed with a planned reopening in the second half of 2018.

The original Singapore Sling experience is now served at a pop-up Long Bar located at 3 Seah Street, next to the Raffles Gift Shop which remains open throughout our restoration.

And it will cost you $31+ SGD - each!!!

Raffles Singapore has commenced on Phase 3 of our three-phase restoration programme on 13 December 2017. The hotel is now fully closed with a planned reopening in the second half of 2018.

The original Singapore Sling experience is now served at a pop-up Long Bar located at 3 Seah Street, next to the Raffles Gift Shop which remains open throughout our restoration.

And it will cost you $31+ SGD - each!!!

Given they now use premix, I will continue my research elsewhere! Although it is not part of the included drinks onboard, on the basis a pay for one would probably only be about US$8 max and the Azamara bar tenders are really good at mixing drinks I could extend my research to onboard as part of my OBC spend initiative.......

And finally I believe we have the correct information. This has just arrived What a shambles. Why did no one check the previous information that was sent out.

Dear Azamara Guest,

Singapore Cruise Centre

1 Maritime Square

Harbour Front Centre

Singapore 099253

Sincerely,

Azamara Club Cruises

Unbelieveable.:eek:

Because of this Azamazing Amateur Hour we're packing a compass to help them out of the ports.:eek:

This is a Miami issue and not the ship. Captain Johannes is one of the best and will have no problem getting us where we need to be!

Unbelieveable.:eek:

Because of this Azamazing Amateur Hour we're packing a compass to help them out of the ports.:eek:

sorry but on board they have the best marine, engineering and hotel teams. They are not responsible for this