Finding Info on do it yourself tours

JoJo1973

I think you need to do a search on these Cruise Critic Boards. The threads are about your destination and contain very good information from people who have done what you want to do, as well as from people who live on the islands and have first-hand knowledge. Also pay attention to mentions of the tours you can download onto your phone that will narrate your tour for you.

If you are having trouble with a google search you might read some of the very good lengthy and detailed reviews on this forum. Scroll through the threads and read a few. So many good suggestions for private tours on this forum. And, then you can research them more on Trip Advisor. Cherie

I downloaded an app called ‘shaka’; they offer guided audio tours for every island. Tours cost $3-$5 to download but the app is free to browse. We are planning on renting a car and doing 3 of the tours during our cruise in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the Botanically inclined there is a great garden full of tropical and Asian trees and flowers 'close' to downtown Honolulu.... And a real treat this week is a blooming of one of their rare 'corpse plants'. A real treat indeed if you have never "seen" one. This garden only costs $5 and is well worth it. Foster Botanical Garden. Lots of 'cheap' and interesting things to do on Oahu that are accessible by bus or a bit of walking Also recommend the Waikiki Zoo and the Waikiki Aquarium.

I downloaded an app called ‘shaka’; they offer guided audio tours for every island. Tours cost $3-$5 to download but the app is free to browse. We are planning on renting a car and doing 3 of the tours during our cruise in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did these tours on Oahu and the Big Island last time we did a land trip. This app is AWESOME. Oahu has like 2 or 3 different tours. Was so nice to do it on our own and find things we wouldn't have just trying to drive around on our own.