Mosquitoes/Zika concern

Hi everyone,

Just curious for those currently cruising the Caribbean or recently cruised, how did you find the mosquitoes? Have they been an issue for anyone? Has anyone noticed more than usual? We were on an eastern Caribbean cruise last year and they were no issue at all but I would love some feedback for those cruising this year! Especially after the hurricanes and with power/water issues ongoing.

I am aware Zika is a risk pretty much everywhere however this is part of the reason we choose to cruise, much less risk.

Thank you!

We cruised in late December (20 - 30) and did not notice any mosquitoes at any of our ports (Labadee, San Juan, St Maarten, Antigua, and St Kitts). I don't know if that is the norm, but that is what we experienced.

We got back about 2 weeks ago. I got a few bites in Barbados but the other islands were very clean. Saint Lucia especially seemed to be enforcing a no standing water and all garbage will be covered law. The port area was even looking rather spiffy. All the vendors were carrying their bags of trash quite aways away to dispose of it and to drop the various recyclables in their proper bins. The ABC Islands probably spray as there were no mosquietos

We got back about 2 weeks ago. I got a few bites in Barbados but the other islands were very clean. Saint Lucia especially seemed to be enforcing a no standing water and all garbage will be covered law. The port area was even looking rather spiffy. All the vendors were carrying their bags of trash quite aways away to dispose of it and to drop the various recyclables in their proper bins. The ABC Islands probably spray as there were no mosquietos

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will be extra careful in Barbados! Glad to hear the islands are looking clean and following the no standing water law.

• 1 month later...