Makeup on a transatlantic flight?

Froufie

Hi Froufie,

I’m not as brave. I never go anywhere, anytime without something. Even on overnight flights, some BB cream, concealer, a hint of powder on nose for my rosacea, and a little mascara. In fact, that is about all I wear, ever. I rarely wear lipstick, so usually just a chapstick.

I will admit, at almost 67, I am still a bit vain about how I look in public.

Washing your face between flights is a great idea. I don't trust the water in airplane bathrooms.

I have a routine I call "weekend make up" still full coverage but not as much on the eyes, except for mascara. I won't go without mascara.

Washing your face between flights is a great idea. I don't trust the water in airplane bathrooms.

I have a routine I call "weekend make up" still full coverage but not as much on the eyes, except for mascara. I won't go without mascara.

I took sensitive moisturising face wipes. Bare Minerals (other brands available) primer, face powder foundation, blusher, eye shadows, mini mascaras and mini lip sticks with appropriate brushes that all fitted inside the necessary see through bag without being too cluttered. Easy to reapply when needed. This brand works well for me as it doesn’t irritate my skin or dry it out. The primer works beautifully as a moisturising treatment that also minimises the pores. Before landing I took it all into the toilet and swiftly cleansed and reapplied it took less than 10 minutes to do. Fresh and happy I looked my best when we got to the customs and immigration officers. Now I’m gonna need to restock it all soon as the mini ones from the range soon disappear.

For long overnight flights, I usually just wear moisturizer, concealer, eye cream, and a tinted / moisturizing lip balm, and then reapply as needed during the flight. Hydrating face wipes, a facial spray mist, and a toothbrush, are also essential! Since my contact lenses tend to dry out on flights, I wear my eyeglasses.

Sounds like a great plan - I am just not sure about concealer or anything 'on' my skin - especially overnight on a plane? I am a stickler for cleaning off all makeup before bed - no matter how tired I am - and take very good care of my skin - but let's just say I do need some 'help' when out and about? LOL

No makeup on overnight flights -- but I always wear a SMILE! :D

Excellent advice!!

Hi Froufie,

I’m not as brave. I never go anywhere, anytime without something. Even on overnight flights, some BB cream, concealer, a hint of powder on nose for my rosacea, and a little mascara. In fact, that is about all I wear, ever. I rarely wear lipstick, so usually just a chapstick.

I will admit, at almost 67, I am still a bit vain about how I look in public.

Hi Deb!!! - I too am very very vain - and I am really struggling with this - I am saying I will leave the house 'bare naked' but somehow I doubt that will happen? LOL. I will make sure to have my usual 'cleanup' routine with me if need be: eyemakeup remover, facial cleansing wipe, cotton pads, micellar water, toner, serum, eye cream and moisturizer and lip balm.

I realize now I won't really need a sink/water to do any of this (but would still probably go to the washroom for a few minutes and use the mirror?). Will definitely brush my teeth with toothbrush and NON airplane water!

..and can't wait to use my facial mist - I do not sleep well if at all on planes so will play with that and 'rest' as much as possible.

As someone else noted for the 'morning' I will have travel/sample sizes of some makeup prods that I can put on my face before I deplane if I so choose. I know I will feel and look like crap at 5 am /10 am so that will drive what I do?

I am assuming my hotel room will NOT be ready so will have to hang out for a while before I can wash up and shower and change clothes!!!

I took sensitive moisturising face wipes. Bare Minerals (other brands available) primer, face powder foundation, blusher, eye shadows, mini mascaras and mini lip sticks with appropriate brushes that all fitted inside the necessary see through bag without being too cluttered. Easy to reapply when needed. This brand works well for me as it doesn’t irritate my skin or dry it out. The primer works beautifully as a moisturising treatment that also minimises the pores. Before landing I took it all into the toilet and swiftly cleansed and reapplied it took less than 10 minutes to do. Fresh and happy I looked my best when we got to the customs and immigration officers. Now I’m gonna need to restock it all soon as the mini ones from the range soon disappear.

I am sure that many other passengers were delighted that you spent 10 minutes in the toilet !!!!!!!

More birthday wishes Lois! I know your original plans didn't work out but hope you enjoyed Disney!

Hi, thank you, yes, we had a very good time:)..........no make up during the day at all;) and just a bit of eye

shadow and mascara for dinner.

Lol I thought the same thing!!!!!

Me too.....10 minutes (or less as in 8 minutes?).......long time to be in the bathroom/washroom/loo while on

any flight..........I go in, do what I need to do and get out....hopefully that is less than 2 minutes.

I will make sure to have my usual 'cleanup' routine with me if need be: eyemakeup remover, facial cleansing wipe, cotton pads, micellar water, toner, serum, eye cream and moisturizer and lip balm.

I realize now I won't really need a sink/water to do any of this (but would still probably go to the washroom for a few minutes and use the mirror?).

As someone else noted for the 'morning' I will have travel/sample sizes of some makeup prods that I can put on my face before I deplane if I so choose.

So.... remove eye make-up, wipe face, micellar water, toner, serum, eye cream, and moisturizer....7 steps? On behalf of other passengers waiting to use the lavatory, please don't stay in the lavatory that long. I know you are probably thinking "oh, it only takes a few minutes" but if everyone took that extra few minutes folks would never get a chance to use the lavatory who NEED to. Can you not, for that one day only, manage without all the extra steps you do at home? Maybe just take your make-up off with a wipe, put some moisturizer on and call it a day (or night)?

As for the morning, if you are doing much more than dabbing on some concealer and powder, then same thing.....people will be waiting and waiting to use the lavatory while you stay in there putting on your face. Easy solution: use the restroom in the airport to do your make-up. NOBODY else on the plane will care that you don't have make-up on when you deplane; they will all be tired and looking "less than their best" themselves and not a single person will be thinking "oh wow, that lady doesn't have any make-up on. Horrors!" ;)

So.... remove eye make-up, wipe face, micellar water, toner, serum, eye cream, and moisturizer....7 steps? On behalf of other passengers waiting to use the lavatory, please don't stay in the lavatory that long. I know you are probably thinking "oh, it only takes a few minutes" but if everyone took that extra few minutes folks would never get a chance to use the lavatory who NEED to. Can you not, for that one day only, manage without all the extra steps you do at home? Maybe just take your make-up off with a wipe, put some moisturizer on and call it a day (or night)?

As for the morning, if you are doing much more than dabbing on some concealer and powder, then same thing.....people will be waiting and waiting to use the lavatory while you stay in there putting on your face. Easy solution: use the restroom in the airport to do your make-up. NOBODY else on the plane will care that you don't have make-up on when you deplane; they will all be tired and looking "less than their best" themselves and not a single person will be thinking "oh wow, that lady doesn't have any make-up on. Horrors!" ;)

Can actually do all of this at my seat if required - so will not be taking up any extra airplane bathroom time! LOL:halo:...and you're right - I suspect I won't feel like doing 'anything' so will just deplane looking like everyone else!

I use micellar water face wipes for a general clean up on the plane, and call it good. Everything else gets done in the airport's restroom after deplaning. I am never the only one in there brushing my teeth, washing up, brushing my hair, and dabbing on a little make up. Nobody looks and feels their best when walking off of a red-eye.

The airplane lavatory is only used for it's primary purpose. I'm in and out as quickly as possible because I know other people need to use it, too.

QUOTE:

"The airplane lavatory is only used for it's primary purpose. I'm in and out as quickly as possible because I know other people need to use too."

Exactly!!!!

Can actually do all of this at my seat if required - so will not be taking up any extra airplane bathroom time! LOL:halo:...

That's wonderful. I only commented about time in the lavatory since your prior post mentioned that you WOULD likely spend extra time there, so that you could do your skincare routine with the help of the lavatory mirror. ;)

I've found the greatest things to bring on the plane are the little squeeze bottles you get in contact lens cases from the dollar store. They are more a great size for a couple of days worth of moisturizer and BB cream, and are so tiny, they take up very little space in my 3-1-1 bag.

Enjoy your trip!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I save a few eye drop bottles for liquids and use contact lens cases for more pastes etc.