Lido Cabanas on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam

Yodalicious

I have rented a upper cabana for two cruises, one with a regular cabana and one family unit. As I stated in an earlier reply, I prefer the family unit since you get a lot more room. They are more expensive and since they only have two, they are hard to reserve. I always reserve one when I first make my cruise booking. Even though the Lido cabanas are better protected from wind and rain, they are also subject to being in a noisy and crowded pool area. They also do not have as much of a scenic area to view the ocean as the ones on the upper deck. In all of our two cruises, I did not see many people using the Lido cabanas if at all. I definitely would recommend you only book one for a day rather than the entire trip unless they allow you to cancel other days if you decide you do not like their location.

Thanks for the input. Something to consider.

Is there a preferred location when booking a Lido deck cabana on the Eurodam or is it all the same?

I think the end one on the opposite side of the dive in. We had the curtain opened partially 90% of the time which gave more windows to look out of. I would not cruise Alaska again without one

I think the end one on the opposite side of the dive in. We had the curtain opened partially 90% of the time which gave more windows to look out of. I would not cruise Alaska again without one

Do you mean "opposite end" not "side". The cabanas are only on one side of the lido on the Eurodam....and I think it is the same side as the Dive-in.

That being said , I think it wise to be further from the Dive-in.

Do you mean "opposite end" not "side". The cabanas are only on one side of the lido on the Eurodam....and I think it is the same side as the Dive-in.

That being said , I think it wise to be further from the Dive-in.

Yes, the cabana on the end furthest from the dive in.... that one has no furniture beside it other than an open area where the one closest to the Dive In has a bunch of dining chairs and tables that are always quite busy

Thanks god, this is not a part of the ship design. Lido Cabanas is simply a deck space separated by curtains.

Nieuw Amsterdam

There are a few of them on the pool deck (starboard). They are away from traffic.

Eurodam

For unknown reason they are on the port side and interfere with traffic. I do agree they need to be removed. It may take 30 minutes.

Maybe they will consider moving it to the opposite side on the Eurodam. Maybe people need to put that on their comment cards.

You may want to double check, unless it is different for different ships and/or the Cabana Club. I just reserved a lido cabana on the NA for September 2018. I paid over the phone. It took a while (on hold) and they had to transfer me to ship services, even though that’s who I called. I think the phone switches over to HAL booking if Ship Services does not pick up. Number for ship services is 1-800-541-1576. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just purchased a lido cabana for a cruise to Alaska in July. Traveling with 2 grandchildren, 11 and 16. We have an oceanview room and I felt that we could use the cabana to look out over the ocean. If the weather turns cold and rainy we can be assured of a space at the pool. Also the kids can go there and get pizza or burgers and lounge at the pool. I think it will be a good choice for us on Alaska cruise.

Just purchased a lido cabana for a cruise to Alaska in July. Traveling with 2 grandchildren, 11 and 16. We have an oceanview room and I felt that we could use the cabana to look out over the ocean. If the weather turns cold and rainy we can be assured of a space at the pool. Also the kids can go there and get pizza or burgers and lounge at the pool. I think it will be a good choice for us on Alaska cruise.
That sounds like a good choice for you. We have a great balcony cabin with some good views, but it is on the same side as the cabanas.

If the identical cabin on the opposite side opens up , we will book a cabana to get both side views.

Great information on this thread for a newbie to Holland America such as myself. We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 25, 2018 for it's Eastern Caribbean itinerary. From the info in posts on this thread I was able to call ship's services today and purchase the use of a Lido Cabana for all 7 days of our cruise.

The 2016 pricing is still good. It was $199 for us. Paid over the phone. My first experience with speaking to anyone from HA and it was a great experience. Very helpful. I was emailed a confirmation of my purchase and a brochure file.

According to the brochure the cabana includes a bowl of fresh fruit, sparkling wine, bottled water, and hot and cold towels. I don't know if that is just one day or every day for the sparkling wine and water.

We usually cruise RCCL and have had a great experience with them but have always wanted to check out HA.

Great information on this thread for a newbie to Holland America such as myself. We will be on Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 25, 2018 for it's Eastern Caribbean itinerary. From the info in posts on this thread I was able to call ship's services today and purchase the use of a Lido Cabana for all 7 days of our cruise.

The 2016 pricing is still good. It was $199 for us. Paid over the phone. My first experience with speaking to anyone from HA and it was a great experience. Very helpful. I was emailed a confirmation of my purchase and a brochure file.

According to the brochure the cabana includes a bowl of fresh fruit, sparkling wine, bottled water, and hot and cold towels. I don't know if that is just one day or every day for the sparkling wine and water.

We usually cruise RCCL and have had a great experience with them but have always wanted to check out HA.

Your attendants bring you new fruit, water and champagne each day. These cabanas are one of the main reasons we stay with HAL, and not try other cruise lines. We typically get at least a veranda, mostly a signature suite, but just having a place to go sit by the pool, enjoy the world going by, and not having to worry about getting a space in the shade, is worth every penny.

The attendants have always been wonderful and very attentive.

• 3 months later...

I think I've read that the Cabana Club/Retreat cabanas have a closing time of around 5pm each day. Does the same apply to the Lido cabanas? I wouldn't need cabana service, but do I have to vacate the Lido cabana at a certain time? TIA. :)

I think I've read that the Cabana Club/Retreat cabanas have a closing time of around 5pm each day. Does the same apply to the Lido cabanas? I wouldn't need cabana service, but do I have to vacate the Lido cabana at a certain time? TIA. :)

The attendants will need to do clean up ASAP after 5, as they have other assignments at night. So, whether you can stay might depend on how vigorous their cleanup up is on a given night. You can work it out with the cabana attendants.

• 1 month later...

Can't see prices there.

A quick search of the board finds many threads, including this one:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2531016&highlight=Retreat+Cabanas

which has a map and prices. The 2016 prices are still current, as far as I know.

Ship's Services number is 800-541-1576.

Just to report back from our recent NA cruise: We booked a Lido cabana - Monte Carlo- for our Alaska cruise and loved it! We used it daily if even just for a few hours. The view was great, service excellent, and it was very convenient. The cost was $199 for the week. Funny, on the first day we went up there and people had taken it over! They even had our robes on and were eating and drinking our fruit and water.[emoji44][emoji15] They were quite rude and did not want to leave! Once we spoke to the attendant and showed our room keys, things were straightened out fast! The staff members were so embarrassed. I blame the cabin crashers! They knew that what they were doing was wrong.b9734bb0c352bddaba3a4b0f5ca28126.jpgdd13e3cf00f9ece1d7c91a3b56f3c1ea.jpg33afe17f71a4a614c636584bdb2a5793.jpg0c67d49be49f5c37d4170ccf8871adcd.jpgef6e77a66252ef33069161d6ee659885.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

Wow - I don't understand people.  You'd think they would have been embarrassed!  Gorgeous view.  I'm so excited, we have rented a family Retreat Cabana for our Alaska Cruise departing July 4, 2020!  I hope our weather looks as lovely as yours!

Hello,

We are traveling with family (all adults) for this trip and I was thinking of surprising each cabin with a gift of lido cabana rental. One of the cabins will have three people. Would 3 be allowed in the cabana? No expectation of the included sparkling wine - just don’t want Mom to get evicted! 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:34 AM, newkid662 said:

Hello,

We are traveling with family (all adults) for this trip and I was thinking of surprising each cabin with a gift of lido cabana rental. One of the cabins will have three people. Would 3 be allowed in the cabana? No expectation of the included sparkling wine - just don’t want Mom to get evicted! 🙂

We had our 2 friends join us a times. It was not a problem. There are 2 chairs and the lounger which can fit 2 (tight but worked). Enjoy your cruise! 

• 3 months later...

Cabin Crashers 😅 😂  The cheek of some people.  Of course they would know what they were doing!

We have booked the Lido Cabana for our 20 night Panama Cruise on Eurodam.  We rented the Lido Cabana for a day here and there on our New England cruise and loved it!  We always said that if we had the opportunity to cruise on Eurodam again we would book it for the entire trip.  I'm so excited!  

We met a couple from England who had rented the retreat cabana for the entire cruise but preferred to be downstairs next to the pool.  They ended up swapping cabanas even through they had paid extra for the retreat cabana.

I like the idea of having a set go-to place every day and not having to wander around the deck to find the a good spot.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, weirdo0521 said:

Anyone know if Lido Cabanas are available on Pinnacle class ships?

No, thank goodness.  They're bad enough on the ships that do have them, but the way the Pinnacle ships are laid out there's not a reasonable place to put them (in my opinion).  The entire area around the pool (both levels) have a variety of comfortable seating options for everyone - cabanas are limited to the Retreat.

Sue/WDW1972