Photos From Godfather Tour and Taormina

Keith1010

karska, I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

How nice you have two trips.

I would recommend doing a tour the first time you are there and then after that experience you can decide if there is something else you want to do on a tour or if you would just want to go out on your own.

I prefer private tours over the ships tour as you can change things up and go at your own pace. Should you think the price is too high you could try through your roll call to get another couple to join you to bring down the costs.

We used quite a bit Joe Banana Limos but in Rome we used Drive In Rome and on our trip later this year we will use Rome In Limo.

If you book three tours (could be in different cities) most of these companies offer discounts.

I would check out each of their sites.

http://www.joebananalimo.com

http://www.driveinrome.com

http://www.romeinlimo.com

They are all great responding back quickly to any and all questions you have including pricing.

Keith

Thank you for posting these photos. Will be doing a similar tour in May and it looks beautiful there.

What time of year were you there?

Inhoney you are very welcome.

We were there in May as well.

It is a lovely month to be in Italy.

Keith

karska, I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

How nice you have two trips.

I would recommend doing a tour the first time you are there and then after that experience you can decide if there is something else you want to do on a tour or if you would just want to go out on your own.

I prefer private tours over the ships tour as you can change things up and go at your own pace. Should you think the price is too high you could try through your roll call to get another couple to join you to bring down the costs.

We used quite a bit Joe Banana Limos but in Rome we used Drive In Rome and on our trip later this year we will use Rome In Limo.

If you book three tours (could be in different cities) most of these companies offer discounts.

I would check out each of their sites.

http://www.joebananalimo.com

http://www.driveinrome.com

http://www.romeinlimo.com

They are all great responding back quickly to any and all questions you have including pricing.

Keith

Thanks for the info I'll check them out and ask you questions as I have them. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. If you had to choose between one or the other and not both which would you pick- Taormina or Savoca? We have the distinctive voyage credits so double excursions credit for an ncl cruise. They don’t offer a combination excursion like you took- just one or the other so it’s almost free and only pick one or do something like what you did private excursion and pay $$$.

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. If you had to choose between one or the other and not both which would you pick- Taormina or Savoca? We have the distinctive voyage credits so double excursions credit for an ncl cruise. They don’t offer a combination excursion like you took- just one or the other so it’s almost free and only pick one or do something like what you did private excursion and pay $$$.

EIther area would be nice.

For the views I think I would go with Savoca although Taormina is a charming town.

Given picking one I would do Savoca.

Keith

EIther area would be nice.

For the views I think I would go with Savoca although Taormina is a charming town.

Given picking one I would do Savoca.

Keith

Thanks for your opinion. I was leaning towards The Godfather tour but your beautiful pictures and descriptions of Taormina had me second guessing. We splurged on cabin in part because of double shore excursion credits so for the first time we are going with ship excursions almost exclusively.

Thanks for your opinion. I was leaning towards The Godfather tour but your beautiful pictures and descriptions of Taormina had me second guessing. We splurged on cabin in part because of double shore excursion credits so for the first time we are going with ship excursions almost exclusively.

You are very welcome.

Keith

We are looking at tour company Sicily with Mario. The Godfather tour includes Taormina , Savoca and Messina. Keith do you think it's important to see Mt Etna? What other towns would you recommend. We dock in Catania. And as I said we are there twice. Are there private taxis for hire that we could use the second visit? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking at tour company Sicily with Mario. The Godfather tour includes Taormina , Savoca and Messina. Keith do you think it's important to see Mt Etna? What other towns would you recommend. We dock in Catania. And as I said we are there twice. Are there private taxis for hire that we could use the second visit? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Karska, in our caes I don't see that Mt. Etna is necessary to visit but like most things everyone will hve their own opinion on that one. Yes, I have known people who have negotiated taxis to take them on tours.

Keith