Least $ Sydney Airport to Rocks

Cannot seem to find any info except bad taxi drivers. Help please , coming in Sunday.Staying in Rocks. Thanks.

Hi a taxi is I think about $50 hassle free good service,I will be using one myself in 3 weeks when we fly in from New Zealand always do

Hi a taxi is I think about $50 hassle free good service,I will be using one myself in 3 weeks when we fly in from New Zealand always do

Jim's airport shuttle is only $15 pp. When we went from airport to the ship recently, there were a couple of stops to drop at hotels along the way. Quick and efficient, friendly and reliable.

Another vote for Redy to Go, $22 each from airport to OPT, very near the Rocks. There was a booth at the Domestic terminal, expect there would be same at International. Train is fine if you don’t have a lot if luggage but at my age hauling luggage any distance us an effort. Also depending where you are at the Rocks you may encounter stairs or have to walk a long way round.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Train $17 to Circular quay, 2 min walk to The Rocks.

Hi Mr Gut

We are staying overnight at the Russell Hotel, Rocks, after flying down from Brisbane on Thursday morning. We are thinking of taking the train from the domestic airport but with a case each and a carry-on we're not sure if the walk is do-able for a senior couple. When we called up Google directions, it looked as if stairs were involved, even though it is only around 200metres to our hotel. Would you have any advice please?

Thanks

Tessa

Hi Mr Gut

We are staying overnight at the Russell Hotel, Rocks, after flying down from Brisbane on Thursday morning. We are thinking of taking the train from the domestic airport but with a case each and a carry-on we're not sure if the walk is do-able for a senior couple. When we called up Google directions, it looked as if stairs were involved, even though it is only around 200metres to our hotel. Would you have any advice please?

Thanks

Tessa

I’m not sure which is the Russell, but I think it’s on George almost opposite the OPT.

If so you’d go Airport to station, there is a lift.

Train to Circular Quay, againa lift to ground level. A flat walk to the OPT then there is a hill from the OPT to George Street, (there are stairs, but you can just go up the hill footpath instead. You come out on George where the entry to the car park that operates when ships aren’t in port has the entry gate.

I’ll try and find just where the Russell is look at a map.

I’m not sure which is the Russell, but I think it’s on George almost opposite the OPT.

If so you’d go Airport to station, there is a lift.

Train to Circular Quay, againa lift to ground level. A flat walk to the OPT then there is a hill from the OPT to George Street, (there are stairs, but you can just go up the hill footpath instead. You come out on George where the entry to the car park that operates when ships aren’t in port has the entry gate.

I’ll try and find just where the Russell is look at a map.

Again, it is the pfaffing around with luggage and lifts that is a pain. Plus the train platform charge at the airport, not the train fare portion. Which is why we use the shuttle for $15 each, door-to-door.

Hi Mr Gut

Thanks

Tessa

My wife and I are both in our very late Seventies and we manage the train very well. You just have to maneuver your cases onto the train.I am not sure but it looks like you could avoid the stairs near the cruise terminal. Leave the railway station and go out towards Alfred st instead of where the ferries, are turn right and head towards George st, turn right up George st towards your hotel.We stayed at the Intercontinental hotel it was a fairly steep hill but we managed ok. You need to be fairly active and your cases need to be the type with 4 wheels. We put our carry on bags over the handle of our cases. . For our next cruise we will be using the train again.If you have any doubts best to get a taxi to drop you off to the front of the hotel. Good luck.

John.

Edited by JohnGc

Again, it is the pfaffing around with luggage and lifts that is a pain. Plus the train platform charge at the airport, not the train fare portion. Which is why we use the shuttle for $15 each, door-to-door.

What is the name of the shuttle?

It has been awhile since I have used a shuttle, but I used to find them most convenient. I even enjoyed the cook's tour en route to my accommodation.

What is the name of the shuttle?

It has been awhile since I have used a shuttle, but I used to find them most convenient. I even enjoyed the cook's tour en route to my accommodation.

Jim 0402 529 279. Yes, we enjoyed the "tour" as well. He picks up from the shuttle area outside domestic.

Jim 0402 529 279. Yes, we enjoyed the "tour" as well. He picks up from the shuttle area outside domestic.

Hey thats my Jim haha!!!

We sms him the night before, if he cant get us he sends a friend, there is a group that work together. He is so lovely and we have been using him for years, havent used a taxi in ages and never need to lug our bags on a train and then walk etc, why would you for $15 each!!

Hey thats my Jim haha!!!

We sms him the night before, if he cant get us he sends a friend, there is a group that work together. He is so lovely and we have been using him for years, havent used a taxi in ages and never need to lug our bags on a train and then walk etc, why would you for $15 each!!

Yes, thank you. I've passed the word a few times and friends have definitely used him since.

Yes, thank you. I've passed the word a few times and friends have definitely used him since.

He will be even more popular now;)

Did you know he is quite famous? He and his twin brother own a well known Seafood place in Bondi, lots of celebs go there, he is a silent partner now though.

Nicest driver we have met!!

Does Jim have an e-mail or website? Thanks

No, I dont think he does, here is one that I found that offer similar service, I understand it is easier to email when coming from another country.

https://airbussydney.com.au/

and another

https://airportconnect.com.au/

they both offer similar price.