Mariner Drydock

Travelcat2

What are they doing to la veranda? Will be on her May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She will look more like Explorer. They are opening up the narrow hallway between the two sides of LV and will have food stations and a grill. It should be lovely!

She will look more like Explorer. They are opening up the narrow hallway between the two sides of LV and will have food stations and a grill. It should be lovely!

Thank you! Looking forward to seeing her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is my understanding that she is being refurbished in Marseille which makes sense since she was built in France. Today was Day 1 of the refurbishment. Keep in mind that they are working 24/7 on the ship. When the refurbishment was scheduled to be done in the Caribbean, there were over 2,000 workers scheduled to work on her so I assume the number is similar in France. I have no doubt that she will be completed on time and she will look gorgeous!

According to MarineTraffic.com she is indeed moored in Marseille as of yesterday (28 hours ago, actually).

Hi everybody. I can see that many people are following this thread, hoping for more pictures as well as following the progress. Responding to Roberto's earlier message, I hope to help him with the April 18th Mariner blog...as soon as he shows me how to do Tapatalk (sp?). On another subject, has anyone heard who the senior crew will be on Mariner after the dry dock? Or did I just miss seeing it somewhere on the Regent board? I'm kinda hoping for Lorraine as CD; we had dinner with her on a previous cruise, and she's a charming lady with, in my opinion, a very nice voice.

29 days until we board! Vandy

Maybe Regent can post the names of the senior crew on the SS Mariner-I'm sure all that are cruising on the ship would like to know.

+1

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sailing May 23rd. Does anybody know if bathrooms are going to be ripped and replaced in the suites?

We are on the sailing before you and keen to know the status of the bathroom upgrades as well. I’m guessing a separate shower and bath as per the Explorer is not on the cards

HongKongAlan is correct - bathrooms are not being ripped out (nor were they on Voyager or Navigator). On Voyager they did tear out all carpeting and wall coverings and either replaced or reupholstered furniture. The granite in the bathroom was either bleached (my guess) or replaced - it looks much better. To me, the biggest change is in La Veranda. The whole ship looks refreshed and beautiful (love the theater) but you can't take a 15 year old ship and make it look like Explorer (well - maybe you can but it would cost more than $50M.