On board Silverseas...ships' printouts!

Fighterone

Looking for any fairly current printouts pertaining to what is served in

Le Restaurant, Le Champagne, La Terrazza, Pool Side Grill, Bar and room service menus, hors d'oeuvres, and

if there is a daily print out of ship activities left in the stateroom, it would also be very much appreciated.

We are newbies to Silversea and trying to learn as much as we can.

Thank you

We were on Shadow Vancouver to Tokyo last September and had Altamash as our Butler, too. He was fantastic! Our party of four in two suites had one birthday and one retirement. Altamash helped us celebrate regally (as well as keeping my shoes polished).

Greg

I was on the Shadow last month and I posted much of what you are looking for on my travel blog:

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/laurab627/13/tpod.html

The daily Heralds and menus are posted each day at the end of my pictures.

What a great travel blog. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such an interesting account of your trip. Your photos make me want to go back to Alaska since when we did our cruise, it rained the whole time!

I was on the Shadow last month and I posted much of what you are looking for on my travel blog:

Thank you for posting. I just tried to open it from 2 different browsers and cannot so I sent a message to TravelPod. I will keep trying. :confused:

Well, I was finally able to open the blog. Beautiful! I will spend hours looking at the great pictures and reading the chronicles.

Big thank you !

Edited by Fighterone

• 2 weeks later...

After reviewing your wonderful blog and enjoying your pictures, I still have some trouble reading the menus, especially the Le Restaurant and Le Champagne menus. I was able to read the Room Service menu fine but not the others.

Is there another format available for these, are there bar menus?

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I really would like to read your blog but the page doesnt exist anymore. Did you move it or is there any other possibility to read it?

Thanks,

Steff

We were on Shadow Vancouver to Tokyo last September and had Altamash as our Butler, too. He was fantastic! Our party of four in two suites had one birthday and one retirement. Altamash helped us celebrate regally (as well as keeping my shoes polished).

Greg

We also had Altamash on our last last cruise in October on the Spirit. There is none better. He completely spoiled us!

Hi,

I really would like to read your blog but the page doesnt exist anymore. Did you move it or is there any other possibility to read it?

Thanks,

Steff

Unfortunately TravelPod closed down and I can’t see where or if yourSLCwoman reposted to another travel blog. YourSLCwoman hasn’t posted much of anything on CruiseCritic for a couple of years so not sure if they are still active here.

if there is a daily print out of ship activities left in the stateroom, it would also be very much appreciated.

Fighterone, I had the same curiosity about the Chronicles before embarking, and longed to see one ahead of time. I'm not able to access that blog to see what you were able to read there, but here are pictures of last Tuesday's Chronicle for the Silver Wind. It's fairly typical for what we received all week.

Here's page 1. I'm using this to test whether I can post images ;p Page 1 always has a large photo of the day's port, arrival/departure info, and the evening dress code. The Chronicle for the day you embark will list the dress codes for the week (maybe the whole voyage, but mine was only a week, so that's all I know).

Fingers crossed that the image shows up. If it does, I'll post the rest.

SS1.jpg.528cde2bcf68b39d8676ff5181c433d4.jpg

Well, the CC app wasn't loving my images, and wanted to display them sideways -- super annoying to read. If you'd like to see the rest of the pages, just click on the attachments below.

Pages 2, 3, and 4 are here. They are the most substantive, imho. Page 2 highlights the port we'll visit 2 days hence, so that you have time to sign up for an excursion or change your mind about the one you are on. The majority of the page is devoted to another photograph and text about the port drawn from Fodors.

Page 3 is the daily schedule. You will see that the Voices of Silversea engage in activities with passengers throughout the day -- one led water aerobics in the pool, another hosted a shuffleboard tourney, and others may accompany guests on excursions or show up for planned cocktail gatherings. I liked knowing where the different lounge acts were playing, as they rotate to different spots on different nights. I tended to seek out the lounge where Sonja was performing -- I just loved her voice and her song selection. Other events are invitation-only, and do not appear in the Chronicle.

Page 4 contains port info about currency exchange, the timing of tenders (when applicable), when and where to gather for excursions, and whether or not SS has a shuttle to town at that port.

Next up, the final 2 pages.

SS2.jpg.fac93384296c707314a7c329291fa426.jpg

SS3.jpg.2a2507903b22244b19cb24d7ee048b76.jpg

SS4.jpg.d81b5bb3837da1b3de791aa8832be9e4.jpg

And finally, pages 5 and 6. Page 5 is a big page o' ads, which change daily. Page 6 is the master schedule for all venues: what is open when, for how long, and where to find it. I especially enjoyed the small list at the bottom showing where the entire SS fleet is on any given day.

The first Chronicle will appear on your bed when you embark, and thereafter they will be part of turn-down service each night. Invitations to dine, reminders of reservations, and special notices about gatherings will either appear at turn-down, or in the morning outside your room with the daily news digest.

I hope you found this helpful, and that it contributes to your excitement toward the adventure that awaits you.

SS5.jpg.1dd9d9a33b151fc02d341ea95df91ddf.jpg

SS6.jpg.85e9fb491fdde993ffe0feeb18ed3c82.jpg