Queen Mary Free Admission for Cruise Passengers?

I read some where that you can get free admission to the Queen Mary at Long Beach for cruise passengers.

Has anyone ever tried this? Is this accurate and if so is it only for certain cruise lines? I'm sailing on Princess this coming spring and hope to check out the Queen Mary.

I was looking online and it seemed you could get tickets in advance and wondered if I needed to do that ahead of time?

Anyone know about this?

Edited by cpcanuck
typo

Seems to be for Carnival passengers

http://www.queenmary.com/stay-aboard/nearby-attractions/long-beach-carnival-cruise-terminal/

In addition, departing or arriving Carnival guests get free General Admission access to the Queen Mary while their ship is in port, giving each guest ample opportunity to come aboard for a meal or enjoy the ship's many tours and attractions while in the area.

If you are on one of the Princess CA cruises out of SF that's porting in Long Beach, give them a call.

Edited by SadieN

Seems to be for Carnival passengers

http://www.queenmary.com/stay-aboard/nearby-attractions/long-beach-carnival-cruise-terminal/

In addition, departing or arriving Carnival guests get free General Admission access to the Queen Mary while their ship is in port, giving each guest ample opportunity to come aboard for a meal or enjoy the ship's many tours and attractions while in the area.

If you are on one of the Princess CA cruises out of SF that's porting in Long Beach, give them a call.

Princess is not offering excursions to the Queen Mary and there seems to be a great deal of confusion about which port is actually going to be the place that the Grand docks when we get to Los Angeles (Long Beach). The cruise line says we dock at Long Beach. If you go to port schedule sites it says the Grand will dock at the Port of Los Angeles in April of 2015. So I'm not sure if this is the same location or not. I think the Long Beach port is where Carnival docks which is really close to the Queen Mary.

Is the Port of Los Angeles nearby? When you google any one of the 3 ports - they all come up - so I'm still confused!! :confused:

Where is your embarkation/debarkation port?

Princess uses San Pedro. Carnival uses on Long Beach. There is only space for one ship in Long Beach.

On rare occasion other Carnival Corp ships will use Long Beach as a mid-cruise port stop. Typically these cruises do CA coastal cruises out of San Francisco.

If debarking at San Pedro Princess usually has a Long Beach tour that ends at LAX.

Taxi is in the $25 range

taxifarefinder.com.

ETA:

Just checked your schedule out of Vancouver. It says Los Angeles (Long Beach) on Tuesday, April 8th.

No Carnival ships are scheduled for that day.

After you see the Queen Mary, check out the Aquarium using the Free Passport Bus

http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

There's a Walmart along the route if you need anything.

Edited by SadieN

Where is your embarkation/debarkation port?

Princess uses San Pedro. Carnival uses on Long Beach. There is only space for one ship in Long Beach.

On rare occasion other Carnival Corp ships will use Long Beach as a mid-cruise port stop. Typically these cruises do CA coastal cruises out of San Francisco.

If debarking at San Pedro Princess usually has a Long Beach tour that ends at LAX.

Taxi is in the $25 range

taxifarefinder.com.

ETA:

Just checked your schedule out of Vancouver. It says Los Angeles (Long Beach) on Tuesday, April 8th.

No Carnival ships are scheduled for that day.

After you see the Queen Mary, check out the Aquarium using the Free Passport Bus

http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

There's a Walmart along the route if you need anything.

Our itinerary is roundtrip Vancouver, BC starting April 21st. "Los Angeles (Long Beach)" is listed as one of the port stops with various tours taking bus tours to LA - the usual Hollywood, Rodeo Drive type tours which I'm not interested in. It's on April 28th (Tuesday).

I've seen the Free Passport Bus - but what I'm trying to figure out is where does our ship actually port so that I can then figure out what distance and what transportation options I can use to get to the Queen Mary.

What is the actual distance between Port of LA and Port of Long Beach?

• 11 months later...

We visited the Queen Mary, when in Long Beach for the day, about 2 years ago, did not cost us anything other than what we spent in the gift shop.

I must say though we were disappointed in the Queen Mary... not much luxury, i.e., that we saw.

We have cruised the Queen Victoria twice and I guess expected too much.

Today's cruise ships offer so much more.

I am doing another calif coast so shopping around for something else to do next trip in Long Beach.

Maybe the aquarium. ..

• 9 months later...
Never read of a Princess pax getting into the Queen of free.

Let us know when if you're successful.

I was told by a person who took the Grand Pacific California Coastal cruise last year that they were able to get on board for free by showing their key card. I am going to try it soon.

• 1 year later...
I was told by a person who took the Grand Pacific California Coastal cruise last year that they were able to get on board for free by showing their key card. I am going to try it soon.

I know it's a long shot on trying to revive this old post ... but here goes:

Has anyone had luck with getting the free entrance to the Queen Mary for Princess passengers docking in Long Beach?

I know it's a long shot on trying to revive this old post ... but here goes:

Has anyone had luck with getting the free entrance to the Queen Mary for Princess passengers docking in Long Beach?

I was there last year and the cost was $10 per person with cruise card. Admission is discounted, but no longer free.

I was there last year and the cost was $10 per person with cruise card. Admission is discounted, but no longer free.

$10 isn't bad. I was looking to buy a combo ticket online with the Aquarium and the Queen Mary but if still only $10, I would save money just buying my tickets when I get there. thanks so much for the quick response.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has changed, but my experience was that if you are embarking/disembarking with Princess then the port you would be San Pedro (to the west of Long Beach). This is the dock shown in the Love Boat series.

If this is just a stop in your ongoing itinerary, then Princess berthed in Long Beach, within walking distance of the Queen Mary.

I don't know if this has changed, but my experience was that if you are embarking/disembarking with Princess then the port you would be San Pedro (to the west of Long Beach). This is the dock shown in the Love Boat series.

If this is just a stop in your ongoing itinerary, then Princess berthed in Long Beach, within walking distance of the Queen Mary.

OK .... update! We were on the Grand Princess last week out of San Francisco and we docked in Long Beach as one of our ports of call. We were definitely within walking distance to the Queen Mary, which we toured during our visit. We full well expected to get a discounted rate for touring the ship and were happily surprised that incurred zero charges if you showed them your Princess cruise card to enter. There were some tours set up if you chose to pay a small fee for those. I think the haunted tour would have been most interesting but got no buy in from my DH so we just toured the ship on our own. We did stop to talk to a gentleman that was a volunteer in the Communications Room, so friendly and extremely knowledgeable so time well spent ... thanks Steve!! He even gave us recommendations of what to do in town if we wanted to make a longer day out of our time while in port.

So, not sure how long they will keep it going but for now, they have reverted back to free entry to the Queen Mary for cruisers in the port of Long Beach as of May 2018. It was time well spent!!

OK .... update! We were on the Grand Princess last week out of San Francisco and we docked in Long Beach as one of our ports of call. We were definitely within walking distance to the Queen Mary, which we toured during our visit. We full well expected to get a discounted rate for touring the ship and were happily surprised that incurred zero charges if you showed them your Princess cruise card to enter. There were some tours set up if you chose to pay a small fee for those. I think the haunted tour would have been most interesting but got no buy in from my DH so we just toured the ship on our own. We did stop to talk to a gentleman that was a volunteer in the Communications Room, so friendly and extremely knowledgeable so time well spent ... thanks Steve!! He even gave us recommendations of what to do in town if we wanted to make a longer day out of our time while in port.

So, not sure how long they will keep it going but for now, they have reverted back to free entry to the Queen Mary for cruisers in the port of Long Beach as of May 2018. It was time well spent!!

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

OK .... update! We were on the Grand Princess last week out of San Francisco and we docked in Long Beach as one of our ports of call. We were definitely within walking distance to the Queen Mary, which we toured during our visit. We full well expected to get a discounted rate for touring the ship and were happily surprised that incurred zero charges if you showed them your Princess cruise car.

Thanks for update!

• 1 month later...