Silver Wind Dry Dock/Refurbishment - PHOTOS???

californiacruiseluvrs

Apparently, the Silver Wind is out of it's dry dock as of November 8th, but I don't see any information regarding this refurbishment from a photo standpoint. Does anybody know a link to photos on the newly refurbished suites on the Wind? I wonder if they will look the same as the Cloud. Thanks in advance for reply. Sailing Silversea for first time in February. We usually like Regent, Oceania and Crystal. Interested to know if Silversea is as slick and luxurious as these other lines.

Apparently, the Silver Wind is out of it's dry dock as of November 8th, but I don't see any information regarding this refurbishment from a photo standpoint. Does anybody know a link to photos on the newly refurbished suites on the Wind? I wonder if they will look the same as the Cloud. Thanks in advance for reply. Sailing Silversea for first time in February. We usually like Regent, Oceania and Crystal. Interested to know if Silversea is as slick and luxurious as these other lines.

If you enjoy the small ship experience then you will knocked out.

There are very few pics because it seems that the ship has had the usual "lick and a promise" or silver paintbrush renovation.

The other thread is replete with pictures of happy people having a happy time on a happy ship with (one assumes) a happy crew.

There was/is no objective assessment of the ship or it's "improvements" and none was expected .. :-)

From the few Photographs seen it looks to have been a very clever refurbishment in that the interior it is uncannily like it was prior to the Dry Dock - the Pool Deck is certainly much improved however.

From the paucity of information from Silversea I suspect that it was just a lick & a promise in the Public areas but maybe some work done on the mechanics etc - there appears no attempt to change the longstanding colour scheme to match the images so far released of The Muse. Really somewhat of a damp squib ?

Edited by Mayflower1

I was told it was to be a major refurb to align the older ships with the newer ships.

As I pithily observed earlier, it seems little has changed and the slightly tatty , well used 60's country club look remains.

Very new ships have modern ,sleek and clean minimalist styling.

Having made all those negative comments, there is often something comforting about and old shoe……...

• 5 months later...

Californiacruz- how did you like the Wind? How does it compare to Oceania? I am an Oceania regular and would value your opinion since you have now traveled both lines.

If anyone else has experience with both companies and any recent photos of the wind vista suites since 2016 refurbishment .

Thanks for any feedback

• 8 months later...

Are there any photos of the supposedly refurbishment of the Silver Wind and Silversea Whisper that were supposed to be happening December 20217 prior to the Silver Spirit sadly being stretched.