Cabin selection

ozblue_7

You can't book a particular cabin directly through the P&O website. If you would like to select your cabin you need to book through a travel agent. If you book direct with P&O you will be booking a guarantee cabin with your actual cabin number assigned closer to the date of the cruise.

On the p and o website, how do you view and select cabin numbers? I,m only seeing choice of class of cabin, I.e outside or balcony? What am I missing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was able to request a cabin using the beta version of the upgraded Cruise Control web page- and now that cabin number also shows on the old version of Cruise Control. I'm not sure if it's a definite allocation or just a requested allocation, but worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Cruising on the pacific Jewel from Melbourne for New Years Eve this year on our honeymoon ,also booked a wedding vow renewal done by the Captain .booked after same cruise a year ago through P&O, requested the same cabin as last time was told we were guaranteed a BA class balcony and could not request a room but the put down which room we would prefer cabin 11101

having called P&O 5 times throughout the year to see if we got our cabin but found out last week no we didn't. Offered us a choice or 2 interconecting cabins hope people next door know we are on our honeymoon Oh and they threw in a cake big deal

Cruising on the pacific Jewel from Melbourne for New Years Eve this year on our honeymoon ,also booked a wedding vow renewal done by the Captain .booked after same cruise a year ago through P&O, requested the same cabin as last time was told we were guaranteed a BA class balcony and could not request a room but the put down which room we would prefer cabin 11101

having called P&O 5 times throughout the year to see if we got our cabin but found out last week no we didn't. Offered us a choice or 2 interconecting cabins hope people next door know we are on our honeymoon Oh and they threw in a cake big deal

Sounds like P&O have not explained the system to you properly. Guarantee means you don't get to pick your room. Usually you can pay more to choose the exact cabin. If you save money and choose guarantee you have to take pot luck and often don't find out your cabin until close the cruise date. So in this case you have got exactly what you paid for.

Please try to be considerate of the people in the cabin next to yours. They are trying to enjoy their holiday too and most likely have no interest in whether or not it is your honeymoon.

• 2 months later...

wagtail-syd

we did explain we wanted the same cabin not a problem paying a bit more.

Just got off that cruise it was really good the neighbours next door (interconecting door ) ended up as good friends that we partied with New Years and other nights

there was no noise though interconnecting door for either side

just booked 2 more cruises for this year through an agent so i can have a say in the cabins we may get

just select a cabin and deck and requested no up grades

their idea of up grades may not be my idea of a up grade