Mobility Scooter on Princess

JLT

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I are interested in a cruise on the Coral Princess next September. I use a regular mobility scooter but all accessible cabins are booked so I am hoping that a balcony will have enough room to store the scooter. I have had a scooter in ov cabins on Holland America, Carnival, and Central Park balcony on RCCL but as I remember Princess ov's are quite small. I am getting coflicting information so I hope that someone here who has had experience on Princess can give me advice. Thanks a lot.

I believe OV's and balconies are about the same size. There is no couch until you get a mini-suite, and even then, any space is by the window/balcony, and getting the scooter around the foot of the bed will be tight if possible. but you could store it in the closet area, which is like an anteroom to the bathroom. Only problem would be no place to plug it in, as the plugs are on the other side of the bed.

These pics are of a quad OV (bunks in the ceiling) but I chose them to show the closet:

enhance

enhance

Most Princess cabins have the same type closet. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thank you for the pictures and the information. That is the way I remember the ov cabin from several years ago. But can you still get into the bathroom with the scooter in the closet?

• 1 month later...

On all the Princess ships I have sailed on there has been an electrical socket just inside the entrance to the cabin. I believe this is usually only used by the steward but I have found it ideal for charging my scooter battery.

Hi Everyone,

I use a regular mobility scooter but all accessible cabins are booked so I am hoping that a balcony will have enough room to store the scooter.

Pull out your tape messure. The standard door way on Princess is only 21 inches, if scooter any wider it will not fit.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for all the replies. I have been lucky to have now reserved a handicapped room. This will make things so much easier.

Please contact circleasia2018 at gmail dot com about the Tokyo City Tour. Very important that I hear from you quickly.

Thanks, Pam

I know this does not pertain to this thread, but trying to make contact with them.