Cristobal... anything at all there?

lidorose

Our ship is anchoring in Cristobal instead of Colon. I realize this is a shipping port, but wondered if there was anything at all to do there if someone decided to stay on board and then get off when we're anchored - at least a souvenir shop?

Thanks.

While I don't have any direct knowledge, I understand they have had a few ad hoc vendors available at some location at the Cristobal piers. Have no clue as to what they may have available, but I would think it would be very basic at best.

When the Cristobal piers were used before the move to Colon there had been a fairly extensive vendor area located in the warehouse portion of the pier. That all has been demolished for the expansion of the container port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We would appreciate any information on Cristobal.

Cristobal essentially is part of Colon, it is where all ships docked before the cruise piers were built in "Colon". Very few cruise ships use the Cristobal piers, the only one I am aware of currently is the Caribbean Princess. There is nothing for the cruise passenger to do in Cristobal/Colon, it is just where the ship will dock. All tourist attractions such as the Locks, anything to do with the Canal, Panama City, Portobelo or visits to the Embera Indians are not in or around Colon.