Have you sailed in a Navugator aft suite??

Eager2Travel

I am in search of someone who has actually sailed in a Navigator aft suite. I know these are not prime. I am wondering what the vibration is like from someone that has experienced it. Is it possible to sleep well at night?

I found a cruise I fell in love with for Summer 2019. Knew just what category I wanted. Convinced DH it was the cruise that was perfect for us. All good. When I called the TA I learned there was very little space left this far out.

As there are very few good cabins left we are actually considering a guarantee in a window cabin. I realize this could mean we end up in one of the dreaded aft cabins with the vibration issue. We have cruise on the Navigator twice but never aft.

We would greatly appreciate hearing from someone who has experienced it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks Silver Sweethearts for the suggestion. I did look there but have only gone through about 10 posts. I will continue to explore there.

I think we will risk it but continue to hope that there are some cancellations. It used to be much easier to track available cabins on the web site.

I just checked the Suiteguru sticky for any aft Navigator reviews and found very little in there. There was one aft review on deck 8 in a Cat F but nothing in G or H cabins, sorry.

On a related note, if you DO happen to sail in an aft cabin, please submit a review for us. :D

I just checked the Suiteguru sticky for any aft Navigator reviews and found very little in there. There was one aft review on deck 8 in a Cat F but nothing in G or H cabins, sorry.

On a related note, if you DO happen to sail in an aft cabin, please submit a review for us. :D

We sailed in 861 during previous world cruise. Yes, there were issues with vibrations, but it depends on how you perceive it. We had no problems. Our whole contingent in that area seemed to be satisfied with their rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks jctdlt for the first hand report. If it worked for you for the world cruise I am sure it will be fine for us if we end up there. We are on a guarantee in G I think. It is a window cabin but we could end up anywhere. There is so little left to choose from that we decided to take the thrifty approach. It has been many years since we have been in a cabin without at balcony.

I think we will go for it. It is a great itinerary I did check the seat guru and saw very little there. Thanks for the help.

Thanks jctdlt for the first hand report. If it worked for you for the world cruise I am sure it will be fine for us if we end up there. We are on a guarantee in G I think. It is a window cabin but we could end up anywhere. There is so little left to choose from that we decided to take the thrifty approach. It has been many years since we have been in a cabin without at balcony.

I think we will go for it. It is a great itinerary I did check the seat guru and saw very little there. Thanks for the help.

You are welcome. Hope you get a balcony.

Not the very back suite, but next to the last but last month I did 10 days on the NAV in #869. The is significant vibration at times at sea for no apparent reason. When docking using the side thrusters the vibration is quite pronounced. The vibration didn't really bother me, but I have sail in some really old buckets and may be used to it. For some it might be a real issue.

One thing to note about the last 5 suites in the NAV aft, they get smaller in size the further back you go because the aft is very rounded. In #869. the closet was about 1/3 less. The suite was about 3 feet shorter; so short that there was a small love seat instead of the regular couch.

My biggest complaint abut being on Deck 8 aft is the noise that come up form thee theater below on beck 6/7. It is very loud, enough so that you can hear every word spoken/sung. You could stay in the suite and hear the show below as well as have been a seat in the theater. Additionally, any of the musical shows are rehearsed in the afternoon about 2 pm for about 45 minutes and at full volume.

Window suites on the NAV? Sailed in one of those too. I think in #512. The cabin is nice sized and for a short cruise in the tropic, we didn't miss the balcony all that much. It was a last minute killer deal, so the price more than made up for the lack of the balcony. I don't know about the deck 6 port side window cabin suites.

J (612/42)

Good thinking Bellagio Cruiser. I just went to check and it does appear to be a stand alone. It actually returns to New York from Northern Europe. I will keep a watch on it to see if something opens up as it is so far off.

If you really want to take this cruise, book the best suite available, and watch for a cancellation. Remember, you can always switch to another suite. And, if you change your mind, you can always switch your deposit to another cruise, before final payment. You can also just cancel, usually with $100 penalty that can be used as a credit on a future cruise booked.

Hope this helps your decision.

Sheila

Not the very back suite, but next to the last but last month I did 10 days on the NAV in #869. The is significant vibration at times at sea for no apparent reason. When docking using the side thrusters the vibration is quite pronounced. The vibration didn't really bother me, but I have sail in some really old buckets and may be used to it. For some it might be a real issue.

One thing to note about the last 5 suites in the NAV aft, they get smaller in size the further back you go because the aft is very rounded. In #869. the closet was about 1/3 less. The suite was about 3 feet shorter; so short that there was a small love seat instead of the regular couch.

My biggest complaint abut being on Deck 8 aft is the noise that come up form thee theater below on beck 6/7. It is very loud, enough so that you can hear every word spoken/sung. You could stay in the suite and hear the show below as well as have been a seat in the theater. Additionally, any of the musical shows are rehearsed in the afternoon about 2 pm for about 45 minutes and at full volume.

Window suites on the NAV? Sailed in one of those too. I think in #512. The cabin is nice sized and for a short cruise in the tropic, we didn't miss the balcony all that much. It was a last minute killer deal, so the price more than made up for the lack of the balcony. I don't know about the deck 6 port side window cabin suites.

J (612/42)

Interesting that you heard noises. We never heard a thing.

Thanks JMARINER for the details. Would really not like being in the smaller suites at the back.

As of this morning the whole ship is wait listed for a cruise in the summer of 2019. I am going to put down the deposit for the guarantee cabin we have on hold as I really want to take this cruise. Will to continue to watch if a decent category opens up.

Turns out this is the last leg of a 77 day extended cruise. This explains everything being wait listed . They are trying to get rid of the less desirable cabins first. I deposited on the G and wait listed for something better. I will chill out and see what shows up. There is a long way to go.

Thanks for all the help.

Interesting that you heard noises. We never heard a thing.

Not only me. The first time it happened, in the afternoon before the fist production show, I was in the hall just coming back form lunch. 6-7 people were in the hall wondering where the music was coming from. The sound is pronounced on deck 8 for at least the last 4-5 cabins on either side of the ship.

Maybe where you were in 861 is far enough forward of the stage that the sound from the stage speakers doesn't reach there. I would say that that the large stage ceiling speakers are suspended just under #886/888 --- #877/889 wall line.

I am adding a photo of the NAV Deck plan 8 aft.

J

jVT5PcamvC9ON9hOD7a9K2hxPLrwWkA9CNTrcM7NQoCNEvFoJn9HRCoXSG1f3hOusQX_f5ksyCo2yN2BjFv58CuID7JZZ2p2DapeBMo5DvcAb5uq094rs19EiPTFlCINDETliDp3YEJTglrQg_szWrJorgxT9Lixb41XNHsk9z_KNIeGlxQs3n-Tj6RnFcTcunW4msXN2ycz-mvGxq5Ff1FJHPBpCKNqytJyy4LG42bDKzC2v9eEYetdKhDwb62RAWWINN-MN8BdSOMtCq8-hWn1znmqZIf1c-2_qLLRgJic-53N84OlATi8OwktNpBiQfZkak40bMD-GXQ9s3J3NrW70xFKUCuCx3iuLJcNFn3VIn0I0C7wkRTtAaKG-4TYiRx7RBdk3q9I0JsOw8nw1AXN2qsr4pDiBpoafH5lj2arE3Bt8mog3jxAYII0a2Dhc6HPfIa51YAveJxDLVIDWYWFUQDFSBSrZMH129mU8bTWnyZex3-ll6OX98o1pZWmDXRLVJ7cXXRYJaofM_LejJ0EYyEHBXQ6Yq5ZoDSVCLxI47woalSJ-goazFjB90YYvwAtz-xjvdFmamn0odxZz4423ljJQ1Co_VOrwwY=w628-h794-no

jVT5PcamvC9ON9hOD7a9K2hxPLrwWkA9CNTrcM7NQoCNEvFoJn9HRCoXSG1f3hOusQX_f5ksyCo2yN2BjFv58CuID7JZZ2p2DapeBMo5DvcAb5uq094rs19EiPTFlCINDETliDp3YEJTglrQg_szWrJorgxT9Lixb41XNHsk9z_KNIeGlxQs3n-Tj6RnFcTcunW4msXN2ycz-mvGxq5Ff1FJHPBpCKNqytJyy4LG42bDKzC2v9eEYetdKhDwb62RAWWINN-MN8BdSOMtCq8-hWn1znmqZIf1c-2_qLLRgJic-53N84OlATi8OwktNpBiQfZkak40bMD-GXQ9s3J3NrW70xFKUCuCx3iuLJcNFn3VIn0I0C7wkRTtAaKG-4TYiRx7RBdk3q9I0JsOw8nw1AXN2qsr4pDiBpoafH5lj2arE3Bt8mog3jxAYII0a2Dhc6HPfIa51YAveJxDLVIDWYWFUQDFSBSrZMH129mU8bTWnyZex3-ll6OX98o1pZWmDXRLVJ7cXXRYJaofM_LejJ0EYyEHBXQ6Yq5ZoDSVCLxI47woalSJ-goazFjB90YYvwAtz-xjvdFmamn0odxZz4423ljJQ1Co_VOrwwY=w628-h794-nohttp:

Edited by JMARINER
Add photo

Not only me. The first time it happened, in the afternoon before the fist production show, I was in the hall just coming back form lunch. 6-7 people were in the hall wondering where the music was coming from. The sound is pronounced on deck 8 for at least the last 6 cabins on either side of the ship.

Which suite were you in?

J

We were in 861 but our friends were further back and neither of us heard anything. For a whole world cruise.....

We were in 861 but our friends were further back and neither of us heard anything. For a whole world cruise.....

Was that before or after the remodel? Maybe they put in a new sound system along with the new digital backdrop screens. I is loud now, even in the hallway.

J

Turns out this is the last leg of a 77 day extended cruise. This explains everything being wait listed . They are trying to get rid of the less desirable cabins first. I deposited on the G and wait listed for something better. I will chill out and see what shows up. There is a long way to go.

Thanks for all the help.

I thought so. I have the same situation.. However, when I checked the world cruise, of which our cruise is a part, suites that we like are not yet booked. We deposited on a suite that is not in a prime location. So if our desired suites are available, that's great and will quickly switch. If not, we love the itinerary and will stick with the one we booked. It's your decision.

Sheila

Just a note. We are on the 77 days in 860!

Our first regent cruise many moons ago was in a aft Navigator suite (chosen because it was the cheapest balcony). No problems. I found out about cruise critic and the “horrid vibration” on the cruise. We never noticed it and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. I no longer know the suite number to provide a review for the spreadsheet.

Regent has opened up several more categories but only as a guarantee. If I am going to spend thousands of dollars more I plan to wait until they are willing to release a specific cabin. Hopefully they will do that some time in the future as they get a better idea of how many want to book the full itinerary which does not interest us.

Meanwhile it is not the end of the world if we end up on a G. That part of the world is cold so we don't really need a veranda.