Help needed !!!

Hi

Thinking about taking a Caribbean Cruise, in September, my 87 year old mum and 13 year old granddaughter may also be coming.

Any advice on what the sea will be like then i.e. calm or a bit choppy as my mum has sea sickness before and it's now putting her off.

Also not sure whether to have inside or balcony cabins, myself and partner always have a balcony but this is going to be costly with my mum and granddaughter, , who wants a cabin between them, so we are not looking at a family cabin.

we will be flying from the united kingdom , which of course adds to the expense.

Will the weather be hot ? as I enjoy the sun and relaxing by the pool.

Any advice etc greatly appreciated

Hi having some problems with this at the moment, hopefully should get message on here readable now .

7 Nights Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Fl

· Nassau,Bahamas

· Cruising

· CharlotteAmalie, St. Thomas

· Philipsburg, St. Maarten

· Cruising

· Cruising

· Orlando(Port Canaveral), Fl

Flights:

Out boundGatwick on the 15th of se leaving at 12.25 arriving in Orlando international at16.50 local time

ReturningOrlando International on the 26th of September leaving at 17.35 - 07.05 intoGatwick the next morning

One nightpre stay on the 15th in the Caribe Royale Orlando

3nights post stay 23rd - 26th of Septemberin same hotel

Any suggestions greatly appreciated have thought of an Asian Fly/Cruise but coming up really expensive

Thanks for our reply

Edited by BLJ1
not come out right

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Thinking about taking a Caribbean Cruise, in September, my 87 year old mum and 13 year old granddaughter may also be coming.

Any advice on what the sea will be like then i.e. calm or a bit choppy as my mum has sea sickness before and it's now putting her off.

Also not sure whether to have inside or balcony cabins, myself and partner always have a balcony but this is going to be costly with my mum and granddaughter, , who wants a cabin between them, so we are not looking at a family cabin.

we will be flying from the united kingdom , which of course adds to the expense.

September is hurricane season. Buy insurance, just in case.

Hi having some problems with this at the moment, hopefully should get message on here readable now .

7 Nights Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Fl

· Nassau,Bahamas

· Cruising

· CharlotteAmalie, St. Thomas

· Philipsburg, St. Maarten

· Cruising

· Cruising

· Orlando(Port Canaveral), Fl

Flights:

Out boundGatwick on the 15th of se leaving at 12.25 arriving in Orlando international at16.50 local time

ReturningOrlando International on the 26th of September leaving at 17.35 - 07.05 intoGatwick the next morning

One nightpre stay on the 15th in the Caribe Royale Orlando

3nights post stay 23rd - 26th of Septemberin same hotel

Any suggestions greatly appreciated have thought of an Asian Fly/Cruise but coming up really expensive

Thanks for our reply

For a cheap excursion on your ST. Thomas stop, just go out where the taxis are picking up the folks who booked excursions on board and tell them you need a taxi to Coki Beach. Cost is $9 US per person each way. Go to the left end of the beach and walk out in waist deep water near the rocks. If you take some Mil-bone dog biscuits with you (or a couple rolls from the ship's breakfast), you'll have many fish eating out of your hands (sergeant majors, parrotfish, surgeon fish, etc). Coki is where the paid ship excursion to coral world goes ($49. US per person), but they make you stand inside a dome and watch a diver feed the fish through the glass floor save $40 bucks per person and have the fun of being surrounded by the lovely fish.

• 2 months later...

We cruise each fall in September in October ( a few of them have been from Boston and NY) and everything was fine. The carribbean weather is beautiful. As for a room, I use the seasickness patch because without it I wouldn't be able to cruise (I get seasick just walking on the pier, lol) and therefore I always book an inside state room now. We booked a family suite once with a balcony and my guys kept opening the door which bothered my equilibrium and stomach. Have a great time.

Get good insurance and use it!....with a child and an elderly person a fall or illness could require evacuation...if the ship is coping with a bad storm your safety options may be limited...it's one thing to be adventuresome and another to be in or ssiling around a storm and need evacuation....if it's questionable don't go....

Cruising the Caribean in Sept. you take your chances but it is better than Oct.-Nov.

Seasick patches work for some (they put my wife to sleep) and wrist bands work for others.

The ship's front desk will provide Dramamine tablets for free, if needed.

An inside cabin mid ship would help your mum avoid motion sickness as opposed to a balcony.

Edited by jayjaycan
correct spelling

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Living in Orlando, Florida for over 40 years, September has always been our worst Hurricane month.

Hurricane season is slated June 1 through November 30th. But the peak season with the strongest storms are late August through early October. They might not just impact your cruise but your stay in Orlando.

My advice to you to cruise early November, early December or January. If you want to get the best prices that is what I would advise. Besides lower prices on hotels and Disney tickets (if that is what you are going to do) at those times. Besides it goes into our dry season.

The hotel you had chosen is a nice one straight shot to Epcot (WDW) with a lot of restaurants around. Sorry not in walking distance.

Epcot at that time will be having their Food and Wine Festival ( from August 30- Novemeber 15) and if you go in Early November or early December Disney decorates to the 9s for Christmas with their special holiday events.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hi

I also forgot for seasickness I recommend the wrist bands. Sounds silly I know but they do work. My husband get seasick as well. Also green apples work as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone for kind assistance, due to my partner only being able to have annual leave in September, we have now booked a Southern Caribbean Cruise. Keeping our fingers crossed, and may if possible look at rebooking it for November (depending if my partners employers have a change of heart !!!)

Thank you everyone for kind assistance, due to my partner only being able to have annual leave in September, we have now booked a Southern Caribbean Cruise. Keeping our fingers crossed, and may if possible look at rebooking it for November (depending if my partners employers have a change of heart !!!)

Rebooking to a different date could mean higher price or change fees.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that everyone has answered your questions, so I won't go there. I just want to say that we cruised with my Mom when she was in her 80's. It's one of my very fondest memories of her. Please try to go if you can. The memories will serve you well in years to come.