Journey..25th March..departure point please.

Top Tripper

Hello...Reading so many posts re departure ports for March/ April often with conflicting advice . Could someone please inform me of the correct point of departure for the Borneo, Vietnam and Thailand cruise. My e.docs say one thing, the posts here contradict. Azamara have not informed me of changes so I am very confused.

Thankyou.:confused:

Me too. I thought it was the Singapore Cruise Centre having had that change confirmed here however Azamara hasn’t issued update communication to all guests and a disembarking guest from 7 March has been assured it’s Marina Bay.

Bonnie queried why we were querying on another post. The reason is the information is confused.

If it’s Marina Bay fine it’s changed but most guests will head there anyway as that’s what the docs say

If it’s Singapore Cruise Centre all guests need a communication

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too. I thought it was the Singapore Cruise Centre having had that change confirmed here however Azamara hasn’t issued update communication to all guests and a disembarking guest from 7 March has been assured it’s Marina Bay.

Bonnie queried why we were querying on another post. The reason is the information is confused.

If it’s Marina Bay fine it’s changed but most guests will head there anyway as that’s what the docs say

If it’s Singapore Cruise Centre all guests need a communication

I think it is Singapore Cruise Centre. She's booked into CC02 so unless I heard contrary from Azamara that is where I'd head. I must admit I've only been to that terminal on Azamara. I've never used the Marina Bay. Celebrity do.

This board is great for information, but sometimes the "I heard...." confuses things.

Phil

That’s what I was seeing and thinking. Just surprised no official correction has been sent out to all guests. Someone posted elsewhere they’d been told it was Marina Bay as part of the World Journey “celebrations” and of course our official documents still say Marina Bay.

Think I’ll look on Marine Traffic on embarkation day to be sure!

Add me to the confused as well. Documents say Marina, everything else indicates SCC. It would be really nice to get an official word from Azamara. Would hate to have to resort to emailing the captain that morning. 😆

You could not make this up!

I have just had notification that the embarkation for 8 April cruise is embarking at the Singapore Cruise Centre. (I’m back to back). This cruise was I thought to Dubai however my email tells me it’s from Singapore to Abu Dhabi........ don’t they proofread anything!

PS there are references to Dubai elsewhere in the email so I’m sure we are going to disembark there

I have just had notification that the embarkation for 8 April cruise is embarking at the Singapore Cruise Centre. (I’m back to back). This cruise was I thought to Dubai however my email tells me it’s from Singapore to Abu Dhabi........ don’t they proofread anything!

Worse still despite everything recently confirmed here it says e visas are not allowed. Think I will need to start a new thread on that one!

PS there are references to Dubai elsewhere in the email so I’m sure we are going to disembark there

I received the Singapore to Abu Dhabi email as well. The email declared SCC as the embarkation port and also stated visa requirements and warned that the India e-visa is not accepted in Mumbai. Apparently intended for UK as a link to a UK website was provided for the visa. Then 10 minutes later a second e-mail correcting the disembarkation port to Dubai, deleting the port info in Singapore, no mention of the Mumbai caveat, and directing to a different website for the India visa. Odd.

Yes the first one evidently should not have been sent. The second still talks about embarking at Dubai in the text but otherwise is ok.

Bonnie please are guests on 25 th getting an email or not. The fact we have not got one but cruisers on 8th have is adding further confusion to the pot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, the good news is, it appears that we may not need to get a visa in advance for Dubai, see this statement from the UAE Visitors site which refers to arrivals at the airport, I see the same applies if arriving at the cruise port.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/before-you-fly/visa-passport-information/uae-visas/

Visas on arrival

(A) If you are a passport holder of the below country or territory, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-days visit visa free of charge.

Andorra

Australia

Brunei

Canada

Hong Kong

Ireland

Japan

Malaysia

Mauritius

Monaco

New Zealand

People's Republic of China

Russian Federation

San Marino

Singapore

Ukraine

United Kingdom

United States of America

Vatican City

Edited by Azamarajunkie
new information

Never ever got a visa for entering Dubai from a cruise as a UK citizen and I’m not aware many folks onboard had to do anything (certainly not US, Canada, Aus, NZs didn’t).

This email is the most misleading, badly written document ever. It’s completely muddied the waters for guests.

I’ve set up a second thread for 8 April cruise as it’s got a different set of challenges. The main issue for 25th March is to get a proper communication re the point of embarkation.

Edited by uktog

What a mess..after 12 or 14 cruises I thought I was Azamaras greatest fan, but these notifications, which are so very far from correct is really making me think again...just who is in charge of this information. Brits don't need a visa for Dubai.

"The main issue for 25th March is to get a proper communication re the point of embarkation."

I've just double checked E-Docs and port is still incorrectly noted as Pier TerminalMarina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore.

We've heard nothing. I won't be letting the taxi go until I see the ship, that's for sure!!! Based on my own research of ports, I am heading to Singapore Cruise Centre HarbourFront.

"The main issue for 25th March is to get a proper communication re the point of embarkation."

I've just double checked E-Docs and port is still incorrectly noted as Pier TerminalMarina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore.

We've heard nothing. I won't be letting the taxi go until I see the ship, that's for sure!!! Based on my own research of ports, I am heading to Singapore Cruise Centre HarbourFront.

Me too because that’s what the port website says, but how many people know that!

Actually the information is merging two places names, Singapore Cruise Centre and Marina Bay terminal. So folks who don’t know are going to have taxi drivers saying which one and possibly much higher bills.

I feel sorry for Guest Relations onboard who will bear the brunt of the fall out if communication is not quickly issued (many guests will start their journeys well before embarkation).

Hello Bonnie...back to the same old issue, still outstanding...could I respectfully ask if you could please find out where our departure point is for the 25th March.

Singapore Cruise Centre

1 Maritime Square

Harbour Front Centre

Singapore 099253

Singapore Cruise Centre

1 Maritime Square

Harbour Front Centre

Singapore 099253

Thanks, are guests being officially notified? The change for 8 April was notified but there has been no official mail out re this cruise

Thanks, are guests being officially notified? The change for 8 April was notified but there has been no official mail out re this cruise

I would expect so, but actually haven’t heard.

I’ll be in the offices on Friday so I’ll ask for you.