Disney cruisers making a switch - NCL or RCCL?

We have only been on two cruises, both with Disney - the Western and Med. For financial reasons, we are trying to decide on another cruise line. We’ve been told that Disney spoiled us and that we will be disappointed in other cruises. I know there will be differences and I was hoping you could help me understand them so that we can make a well informed decision. Thanks for your help!

Disney 8 times then our 4th on Carnival is in December and our 4th on Celebrity is next month. Yes they are all different. We only sail on the newer Carnival ships and my kids really enjoy the waterworks, sports deck, etc. On Celebrity, we all enjoy the quiet of the ship, no water slides, very few kids. Nice family time by the pool or playing games. Food is subjective, we’ve had good, great, and blah on all ships. My kids have zero interest in going back to Disney. Too many kids and chaos. I’m okay with it, because I can escape to a kids-free area. Disney’s show are by far superior to any other cruise line. That is their business after all.

A cruise is what you make of it. When we left Disney, we went excited to try something new and had no expectations that it would be the same. We had a fantastic time and haven’t looked back.

And.....we can cruise twice as often in better staterooms by not sailing Disney anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Disney when the kids were little. Liked it, but thought our Disney dollars were better spent at the parks. Trying Carnival next - not at all worried that we won’t like it! We’re infrequent cruisers- that Disney Cruise was 5 years ago.

We have done lots of Disney cruises: 4, 5, and 7 nights. Still enjoy as adults only and without our kids (that now have their own kids). Over the past few years we have kind of graduated from RCCL/NCL to Celebrity/Oceania, but still throw in an occasional Disney cruise for the 'magic.'

• 1 month later...
We have only been on two cruises, both with Disney - the Western and Med. For financial reasons, we are trying to decide on another cruise line. We’ve been told that Disney spoiled us and that we will be disappointed in other cruises. I know there will be differences and I was hoping you could help me understand them so that we can make a well informed decision. Thanks for your help!

How old are your kids? We cruised a few times with Disney. We have also done NCL and RCCL. We will not do NCL again until the kids are grown up. They loved the waterslides on the breakaway class ship, but that's it. The staff and the shows are really not kid friendly. Even the kids' club has no windows to the outside. Feels like a cave.

RCCL is more expensive, but less then Disney. Choose a ship with the Dreamworks Characters if your kids are into that. The shows are kid friendly, the activities are plentiful, you will enjoy the pools (especially compared to Disney), and the kids' club offers great family science activities.

Never been on Disney cruise but have NCL, HAL, CCL& RCCL. Our granddaughters love all of them except NCL. Kid's club was mostly a babysitting service. No interaction , like bad daycare. I like NCL but not with kids. Love love Royal Caribbean cruises.

We have done 8-7 night cruises with Disney, and did our first Carnival cruise in April 2016. Went in with no expectations, knowing it would not rate with Disney. Was able to get a balcony cabin and an inside cabin for my teenager for less than we would normally pay for an inside cabin with Disney! Had a great time, and am getting ready to go on our 2nd Carnival cruise next month (and then 4 days at Disney afterwards!)

I adore Disney, but their current price differences are just not worth it.