Ship time vs island time

Cruisincouple2368

My husband and I are sailing from Vancouver BC to Hawaii September 2018 - trying to figure the whole time thing out so we can book some activities outside of what the cruise line offers. We have down a number of cruises and we have always stayed on ship time in every port - just haven’t been on a cruise with such a big time change. So will we stay on ship time based on Vancouver departure or will we transition to island time? According to Carnival rep I talked to tonight she says we stay on Vancouver time however seems like it would cause a lot of confusion if we did. Can anyone offer any clarity??? Thanks in advance!

My husband and I are sailing from Vancouver BC to Hawaii September 2018 - trying to figure the whole time thing out so we can book some activities outside of what the cruise line offers. We have down a number of cruises and we have always stayed on ship time in every port - just haven’t been on a cruise with such a big time change. So will we stay on ship time based on Vancouver departure or will we transition to island time? According to Carnival rep I talked to tonight she says we stay on Vancouver time however seems like it would cause a lot of confusion if we did. Can anyone offer any clarity??? Thanks in advance!

I imagine they misspoke as it is usually a 3 hour time difference. We have sailed that route several times on Royal Caribbean and they change the clocks several times along the way to get on island time when you arrive in the first port. Don't believe everything (or most things ;p) the service reps say.

Carnival normally stays on ship time when the change is one hour.

But that is not the case going to Hawaii in terms of the hour difference.

I would ask about this on the Carnival Cruise Line Board just to be sure. Logic tells me they would do local time in this situation.

Keith