A question about the Ultimate Beverage Package

uktog

i might be going to treat DH to this package on one of our upcoming cruises. I see there are some additional wines included. Can anyone share with us their experiences of having these wines in the MDR and Speciality restaurants.

I’m not asking for views about their quality - that’s a personal taste thing, but did they serve it by the glass and were their delays in getting it. I’m also wondering in the MDR if it’s going to add a stress. We’ve had issues in the past with assistants auto filling San Pellergrino water glasses with the flat water before we could stop them, so just wondering how we manage wine top ups. (I know with a great assistant that won’t be an issue).

I’m also wondering how easy it was to get a glass of the upgraded wine at a bar.

The wine is not the reason I’m going to upgrade but I’m just working out if this will be a hassle free treat for him.

i might be going to treat DH to this package on one of our upcoming cruises. I see there are some additional wines included. Can anyone share with us their experiences of having these wines in the MDR and Speciality restaurants.

I’m not asking for views about their quality - that’s a personal taste thing, but did they serve it by the glass and were their delays in getting it. I’m also wondering in the MDR if it’s going to add a stress. We’ve had issues in the past with assistants auto filling San Pellergrino water glasses with the flat water before we could stop them, so just wondering how we manage wine top ups. (I know with a great assistant that won’t be an issue).

I’m also wondering how easy it was to get a glass of the upgraded wine at a bar.

The wine is not the reason I’m going to upgrade but I’m just working out if this will be a hassle free treat for him.

With a lot of OBC on our b2b last September we upgraded to the Ultimate package as with the LCV discount applied it’s better value than the Premium package.

We didn’t experience any real problems with getting the upgraded wines or water most of the servers remember your preferences. However it wasn’t without the occasional hiccup, we tend to follow the same routine onboard but times we didn’t or staff changed we had to get in quickly with the water preferences. In Windows they kept a bottle of our preferred lunch time wine behind the Sunset Bar so there was never a problem, the same applied to Prime C and Aqualina. In Discoveries it wasn’t a problem it just took a little longer to get our selected wine. The Patio was a problem whereas all the other dining areas the bottle of wine was kept handy for top ups this apparently is not allowed in The Patio and our server had to go to the Pool Bar and get wine by the glass which was pain.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. That’s good to hear, I think the message is be creatures of habit. We can manage that (well he can I can’t but can learn). Reasons for buying for him are exactly the same as yours, I’m not yet sure I justify such a purchase but will make my mind up on leg one.

It can be a bit of a pain having to hand over your cruise card in bars every time, although that doesn’t apply to restaurants. However after a few days a number of the servers had our folio numbers on speed dial.

With the LCV discount it was a somewhat easy decision to purchase the UBP in Feb on Quest, although we did wait until day 2! It made our beverage selections hassle free in that we didn't have to worry about what was/wasnt included. Plus 2 glasses a day of Domaine Chandon covered the cost!

No problem for us getting the upgraded wines in the MDR, they were readily available. They ran out of the cabernet and it was substituted with another that was very good. We never had an issue with almost pouring the included wine.

We did however, run into the same issue as you have encountered with the water. Several times we had our Evian or San Pelligrino topped with the “regular” water.

Thanks. That’s good to hear, I think the message is be creatures of habit. We can manage that (well he can I can’t but can learn). Reasons for buying for him are exactly the same as yours, I’m not yet sure I justify such a purchase but will make my mind up on leg one.

Make friends with one of the sommeliers Ann;)

Phil

I believe Elite would make you Discoverer.

That’s right.

Equivalences between Celebrity Captains Club & Azamara’s Le Club Voyage are:

Azamara - Adventurer. Celebrity - Classic

Azamara - Explorer. Celebrity - Select

Azamara - Discoverer. Celebrity - Elite

Azamara - Discoverer Plus. Celebrity - Elite Plus

Azamara - Discoverer Platinum. Celebrity - Zenith

Here’s a link to the relevant page on Azamara’s website https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

My husband and I enjoyed the Ultimate Beverage Package on our cruise last month from Sydney to Auckland. We appreciated that the sommelier was flexible with the wine. The list of beverages we received when we purchased the package included Deloach merlot. We asked for it at lunch the first day and were told it was replaced by Mantazas Creek merlot. We enjoyed the Mantazas Creek and asked for it at dinner in Prime C. We were told it was replaced and we could have, as part of the package, certain wines sold by the glass. I don't know if this was specific to our cruise since local wines were being featured. Since the wines were not our preference, the sommelier served us the Mantazas Creek when we wished.

We purchased the Ultimate Package on our Baltic cruise last summer. It was very easy to get any of the ultimate wines in the Specialities, the MDR and the Living room, but a little more work involved in either the Patio or the Cabaret Lounge. Main difference for us though was being able to enjoy a much wider selection of rather splendid cocktails, especially in the Living Room. I'd highly recommend and LCV discounts do support that conclusion.... :):):D

Another question on upgrading to Ultimate Beverage Package please...

We were given the option to upgrade to Premium Beverage Package on booking our Baltic Cruise in August, which we have done, but, unbeknown to us we did not realise that this did not include upgraded wines, only liquors etc.

Are we able to upgrade on board to the Ultimate Package, per person this is at 21.95 each, or does the additional cost we will for Premium be deducted then we pay the difference? We are Elite also so will be eligible for a discount.

If one upgrades packages on Celebrity they include upgraded wines! Which I thought we were doing!! But I researched after the event not before.

I think it will all depend if you paid for the upgrade or was it a booking bonus. If you paid, you can cancel now and get a refund. Otherwise if they can do a switch onboard they will do, the staff are so helpful. If they say no, it’s because of the way the perk has been set up by the agent or Azamara