Norovirus Marella Dream?

I have booked for the dream in may 2018. Have been doing a lot of research as it’s my first cruise with tui[emoji846]

I’ve read a few things that it has the norovirus onboard which has made me abit worried.

I believe it was during the winter season that the norovirus was on board so hopefully it hasn’t continued 🤭

Anyone travelled recently?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were reports of Norovirus around Christmas/New Year time but recent reviews on social media say there is no problem at the moment and many commenting on the high standard of cleanliness onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
dont be worried , we were on the dream 2 weeks ago, they had antibacterial hand wash every where even in the loos , we really enjoyed our first marella cruise

On the in side of the toilet it should be on the out side so do it on entry and exit after you have opened the door

It is not just Marella I had a 12 night P&O cruise last month. I spent 2 days in cabin isolation TWICE. I am almost obsessive about infection and use my cabin toilet if possible plus I use an anti bacterial and viral hand foam frequently. I believe I was infected aboard because it happened on day 4 and I had not been ashore. On board infection control was sadly lacking. I have had 5 episodes in 41 cruises. ! some time ago on Thomson and 4 on P&O. I am considering giving up on P&O for a year or two as the last episode was truly awful. The symptoms lasted 15 hours during which it felt as if my intestines were trying to tear themselves apart.