Airport transfer in Venice?

robincm

Last year there was an excursion to Padua, which included drop off at the airport at about 1pm. We went on it and enjoyed it - more than hanging around at the airport all morning! It was billed as suitable for flights leaving after 4pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did have a transfer from the ship to the airport through Azamara. I believe it was $35 per person. There may also be one if you arrive the same day you sail but can’t say for certain. I’m sure others with more knowledge will chime in.

We flew in early and had no one to share a transfer from the airport to our hotel so we were stuck doing a private boat transfer to our hotel. Fortunately our hotel had a canal entrance so that meant no walking with suitcases but it was expensive. There are other public options also which are much less expensive.

The Alilaguna Water Bus runs to the Maritima Cruise area. Lots of information on the Ports of Call board or Tripadvisor. However a private taxi would only cost around 40 Euros. Probably the easiest option with luggage. Lots of information and prices on Google as well.

Yes, when you are onboard you can purchase a transfer to the airport. You do not purchase it through the excursions desk. It is sold by guest relations and will be added to your cabin charge. If you have an OBC, you can use it to pay for the transfer from the ship to the airport.

Same question but in reverse! Anyone know if there is a transfer from Venice airport to the ship?

Yes, there is one. I have booked it trough my travel agent. I find it very convenient and well organized. In my case the transfer was by myself. I guess that there were not many passengers who arrived at the same time at the airport.

Ivi

Why not go for a private water taxi? By far the most glamorous way to arrive at the ship. VCE has a water taxi docking area which is attached to the airport by covered walkway. For a bit more money you can detour via the grand canal and sail under the Rialto bridge. A great way to blow away the cobwebs after a long flight. Not the cheapest, but well worth the money!

Azamara usually dock at the San Basilio Cruise Terminal which has the advantage of being accessible by car, so an ordinary taxi service is not a problem. We have used both Azamara’s transfer which was bookable onboard when you receive your departure questionnaire and pre booked taxi transfer which cost €38 one way.

Sure, why not wear an eye mask and ear plugs and completely forget you had to visit Venice at all. With any luck it might sink before you get there - which is what I might have written if I was being really sarcastic. Take a water taxi, it really is worth every penny! As an aside the San Basilio is great. Arrived here off of a Silversea. Most of the ship decanted onto water taxis. Sorry not to be original. But take the hint!