Hollywood to Disneyland tour

Nang

Hi,

We have booked a hotel in Hollywood and are looking to do a day trip to Disneyland in May (please note we are locked into the hotel). I have searched the Boards but couldn't find the information I need. I was going to book a transfer/ticket package (one park only) through TipAdvisor but it is expensive at $US200 per person. LuxBusAmerica also provide the same package but at $152. I do not know who trip Advisor use, Anybody got any advice about LuxBusAmerica or the TripAdvisor option?

TIA

Gary

We have booked a hotel in Hollywood and are looking to do a day trip to Disneyland in May (please note we are locked into the hotel). I have searched the Boards but couldn't find the information I need. I was going to book a transfer/ticket package (one park only) through TipAdvisor but it is expensive at $US200 per person. LuxBusAmerica also provide the same package but at $152. I do not know who trip Advisor use, Anybody got any advice about LuxBusAmerica or the TripAdvisor option?

I don't know the particular providers, but, if those prices include transportation and park admission, they do sound outrageous at all. One day, single park admission prices at Disneyland can be as high as $135 per person in peak season...and the drive from Hollywood to Disney is about 35 miles each way through the heart of metropolitan LA...

Ended up purchasing park entrance tickets direct from Disney @ $97- their low peak rate. TripAdvisor were indicating our elected date was in the peak period??? Booked a shuttle separately and saved $58/person on the same date from what TripAdvisor were quoting overall (and also a few$s less than LuxBus).

the drive from Hollywood to Disney is about 35 miles each way through the heart of metropolitan LA...

This can sound deceptively simple, but keep in mind that during heavy traffic times (which is pretty much all the time in LA) this can take you anywhere from 1-2 hours on the freeway. People in LA usually talk about how long it takes to get somewhere instead of how many miles it is.

Are you visiting on a weekend or non-holiday weekday? Is booking a car an option? Honestly, I’d book a car and head out at 5 AM and not expect to be back until 10 to midnight depending on when the park closed. Hollywood is not fun to get in and out of in LA. I guess another option is the intercostal Amtrak train. I think it stops in or somewhere near Anaheim.