Drive up into back of Taxi - Van? Fort Lauderdale

mosiegirl

Hi.. we are flying into Fort Lauderdale for our cruise. I will be in a bariatric wheelchair (heavy duty 350lb+) and have great difficulties walking. One of my greatest difficulties is pulling my foot up to step into a vehicle.. so we are looking to get one of those Taxi/Van's that either have the hydrolic lift on the side.. or the two back doors open and I can drive my wheelchair right up into the back.

Can someone let me know what company there is that has these types of taxi vans?

Hi.. we are flying into Fort Lauderdale for our cruise. I will be in a bariatric wheelchair (heavy duty 350lb+) and have great difficulties walking. One of my greatest difficulties is pulling my foot up to step into a vehicle.. so we are looking to get one of those Taxi/Van's that either have the hydrolic lift on the side.. or the two back doors open and I can drive my wheelchair right up into the back.

Can someone let me know what company there is that has these types of taxi vans?

At the airport go out to the taxi line and speak to the person in charge. Let him/her know you require an accessible. You can always pre-arrange one. I prefer Yellow Cab as they have the largest Fleet of accessible taxis http://www.yellowcabbroward.com/our-services/ Go Airport shuttle has vans with an accessible lift https://www.go-airportshuttle.com/

We recently flew into Fort Lauderdale and used Super Shuttle to take us where we needed to go because we were able to book ahead. We selected the share a ride option on both routes and were the only ones in the ADA van.

Good luck and have a great trip.

That Super Shuttle looks great. I think that's what we'll be using. I was concerned about the trip from the port to the airport. What a relief!

For those that have used Yellow Cab in Fort Lauderdale, do you have to reserve the accessible van for the trip in advance or can you just call and request one? We're planning on staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of days before the cruise and would be great if we had a way to get around if needed.

That Super Shuttle looks great. I think that's what we'll be using. I was concerned about the trip from the port to the airport. What a relief!

For those that have used Yellow Cab in Fort Lauderdale, do you have to reserve the accessible van for the trip in advance or can you just call and request one? We're planning on staying in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of days before the cruise and would be great if we had a way to get around if needed.

RE: Yellow cab - I always call at least 24 hours in advance and re-confirmed. There is a limited number of accessible taxi's so you need to book in advance.