My bags are packed and we are ready to go,,,but here comes the snow

LUV THE SEA

Who would ever think here it is spring and we might get snowed in...we did everything as we should...we booked a flight 2 days before our cruise on Saturday to FLL...and now it looks like we may have to fly in the day of. if our flight is cancelled..OH NO! Hopefully we will only get only a few inches but they are saying possibly close to a foot of snow on Wednesday and we leave Thursday... I hope it comes early enough for the plows to clear the airports...I am crossing my fingers and toes that it all blows out to sea and living in the NYC area we can get out--- good luck to everyone travelling!!!

I feel your pain. We are supposed to have another Nor Easter and we really don't need a 4th one :(

Hoping the weatherman is wrong and if he has to be right, then hoping everything clears up quickly and be cleaned up and you get out easily and safely.

Safe travels to you and everyone in this "spring" weather.

Good luck!

Heard on the news that NYC is on the fringe as its supposed to wallop the DC area but either way there have been too many N'oreasters!

Nope, we'll be in the thick of it, pretty much all day Wednesday

Amtrak - 30 hours Penn Station to Miami - $400 for a roomette. :(:loudcry::eek:

This is a possible alternative, but with the serious storms and tornadoes in the south last night, I'd check on the situation there before jumping to the train. I love the train, and that's our usual route to Florida. But a few years ago a snowstorm cancelled trains on one day, and Amtrak moved people to the next day. Then they cancelled the next day and moved people to the day after that. I was afraid my train (the fourth day) would be cancelled, so I checked the airlines and was able to get a flight. So I snagged that reservation and we got to FL the day before our cruise.

Good luck, Luv the Sea!

We are waiting for another slug of heavy rain out in California too - good to fill our empty reservoirs but also very dangerous now after the fires and deadly mudslides from the last one.

Friends have been under mandatory evacuation warnings now almost every other week. I think they need to go cruising where they can at least count on a roof over their heads until this rain season finally passes and the sprouting new growth can hopefully start holding the soil again.

Quite a winter, now buffeting both coasts.

Here I am in northern New Jersey looking out at all the branches that fell last week and still haven't been removed. It will be some time before things return to normal. Around our town, its much worse than Super Storm Sandy.

We sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam February 26 - western Caribbean. Our thinking was that by the time we returned, March 3, it would be more spring-like. What is that saying? You make plans and God says "HA!."

In any case, the point of this post is that, defying CC wisdom, we flew down to Ft. Lauderdale from Newark the morning of the cruise. We took the first flight out, 6 a.m., building in as much cushion as we could to make sure we made the cruise. The plane pulled away from the gate a few minutes before 6, and much to the delight of the pilot, we arrived EARLY in Ft. Lauderdale. We got our luggage and then spent nearly an hour at the Starbucks in FLL baggage claim until we felt it was "late" enough to go over to the terminal.

My advise to anyone who has reservations to fly out beginning tomorrow: CALL YOUR AIRLINE NOW. The entire east coast is going to be messed up. Make sure that you are put on the earliest flight possible if your rescheduled flight is the day of the cruise. And then call HAL and alert them that you may be delayed. Find out what your options will be.

Keep calm and safe. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by baggal
text

We’re stressing, too. Tickets to Sydney, NSW flying out on Friday and arriving on Sunday morning and the bridge climb that evening. Originally we had built in a large amount of time (8 hrs) in LAX, but the airline changed our reservation. Now we have just 2 hrs between flights. One hiccup and we’re delayed 24 hrs! Snow, rain, mechanical issues and we’re stymied!

Luckily, we don’t board for the cruise until next Wednesday! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hope all who are flying in the next days get out fine an have a safe flightt.

They are predicting we will get another 10+ inches of heavy wet snow.

This is a winter to remember!!! If my Dh was sill here with me, we would have bought a place in Florida,,,, sigh... :)

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for the well wishes ---we are about 25 miles out of NYC... so let's hope we can get the roads cleared and planes can come in by thursday because right now Wednesday looks like 12 inches for us...If anywhere in the US can be plowed to get to an airport NYC area can do it...if the snow ends early enough. Thanks for the prayers we may need them:) They are saying that there may be another weekend storm so the sooner the better to leave.

If you are concerned about the 25 miles to the airport, have you considered going to a hotel at the airport on Wednesday? You would be there if the airport is cleared and have a bit of peace of mind in worrying about clearing the roads.

Best wishes, and hope things work out for you.