Balconies on front of ship, aft and wrap around...which is best?

newfielover

We are sailing on the Regal next year. What are the pros and cons of the front of the ship balconies, back of the ship and wrap around (cabin is in the front on the corner, so you see the front and wrap around the side)?

I would go on the wrap around portion as they would be centrally located and less prone to the movement of the ship.

Keith

It sounds like the wrap around location the OP is referring to is at the front of the ship. If that's the case the movement would be most noticeable there. :)

We are sailing on the Regal next year. What are the pros and cons of the front of the ship balconies, back of the ship and wrap around (cabin is in the front on the corner, so you see the front and wrap around the side)?

We sailed the Regal last October in an aft balcony, and last month on the Carnival Pride in a forward balcony. We preferred our forward cabin and would likely not book aft again (and especially not on the Regal).

We like feeling the ship motion - for us sailing is as much about being on the ocean as it is visiting the ports. That said, you will likely feel more motion forward or aft (if this is a concern for you). On our trip home we had near gale force winds, so it really wouldn't have mattered where you were, and extremely calm seas you might not feel anything.

I've seen pictures/videos of some very nice forward Regal cabins. They were listed as obstructed balconies, but that was because it was metal panels instead of plexiglass. They looked very roomy though.

Our aft cabin had some soot issues. I would wear the provided robes when using the balcony and also wiped the rail and chairs with a hand towel. Aft cabins also have more vibration issues than other cabins.

Regal balconies are very small, but my husband and I were able to sit outside together. The other thing we really didn't like for our room was that we couldn't go directly where we wanted sometimes - we would have to go midship and then aft again because part of the layout.

On our Pride sailing we had very nice views from our forward balcony, plus no soot or vibration. I would recommend forward or midship on most ships for a standard balcony room.

Have a great trip! We didn't like the layout, but there were many other really nice things about the Regal.