How do Courtesy Holds work.

Paulinda

I'm looking at a 2019 cruise that would allow a courtesy hold. Does anyone know if that is a 30, 60 or 90 day hold?

I have had a courtesy hold for 72 hours (over a weekend) - recently I had a one week courtesy hold.

I have not heard of a hold for longer, but I may be wrong. Eventually, if a deposit is not made to secure the booking, it expires and drops off.

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm not ready to totally commit yet since it's better than 14 months off. I'll keep an eye on the one I'm interested in and pull the trigger when the temptation bug bites. Thanks again for the education.

I am thinking we can use a hold to see the new pricing and/or promo, and then make a decision from there?

We are looking at a Med. cruise, over a year out...

Right now, of course, it is the total pre-pay non-refundable Seas The Day promo. Which we will NOT book.

Just out of curiosity, we did call, and the refundable rate is not too awfully much more.

Anyhow, this promo ends April 2nd, right. So, pricing could change?

So I wonder if we could put a hold on a stateroom we want on Friday or Saturday before Easter.

Then, we would be able to see the new pricing, and make a decision between the two, right.

On just about every cruise we buy in the final payment window we obtain a 8 or a 24 hour hold. Never been a problem on any cruise line yet. Usually, we only require a few hours since we shop for air at the same time, when required.

This enables us to finalize air arrangements,if required, or make other adjustments to our travel schedule that are necessary in order to make the cruise work for us.

• 2 months later...

24 Hour Hold for Flash Fare - Available to Hold Online?

I am familiar with Holds and usually use them, but it has been a while since I held a Flash Fare.

I have gotten 2 different answers from HAL agents for my question.

If I use the "Book Now" button online, am I able to Hold the booking for 24 Hours or will it ask me to pay immediately? One agent said you're always given 24 Hours to hold a booking before payment, even if you use the online booking feature.

THANKS for your advice!

We typically ask for, and get courtesy holds when we book inside the final payment window. Usually for one day. The most we have had is two days on a last minute Celebrity Carib. cruise. In all instances our TA has arranged for the holds.

When we do ask, we only need the hold for a few hours. Just enough time to ensure that we can book the flights that we were shopping for at the same time as the cruise. Have not done so on HAL but certainly have had this courtesy extended by Princess and Celebrity. Our most recent last minute with RCI provided us with an incredibly competitive one way fare home from Europe even thought it was booked a week out.

24 Hour Hold for Flash Fare - Available to Hold Online?

I am familiar with Holds and usually use them, but it has been a while since I held a Flash Fare.

I have gotten 2 different answers from HAL agents for my question.

If I use the "Book Now" button online, am I able to Hold the booking for 24 Hours or will it ask me to pay immediately? One agent said you're always given 24 Hours to hold a booking before payment, even if you use the online booking feature.

THANKS for your advice!

After to use the book now button, you will be given the choice to pay or put a hold on the cruise. Then it will give you a booking number.