Duty free/ perfume on board

Hi thinking of treating ourselves to some perfume etc whilst on board Discovery in july (Norway). Im guessing there is a duty free shop? Is it restricted on opening times dependent on where the ship is?Also wanted to ask wether its worth buying perfumes onboard or are the prices pretty much similar to those in shops in the uk? We are particularly interested in Estee lauder perfume and pacco raban one million. Thanks

Ps might get my husband to treat me to a new pandora charm if they are sold onboard too (i have my eye in the cruise ship one!)

There are perfume and jewellery shops on board but will not be duty free prices unless the ship accidentally ventures outside European economic area! (eg: Gibraltar).

By the way, beware the prices on shore whilst in Norway.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Shops are normally open when at sea.

Do your research on current prices in store for what you are after, then if cheaper on board, shop away.

Also, Norway is very expensive, examples: A pint is around £9, a souvenir tea towel was £20 (only said Norway on it, nothing else).

There are perfume and jewellery shops on board but will not be duty free prices unless the ship accidentally ventures outside European economic area! (eg: Gibraltar).
If a cruise to Norway from Newcastle were to call in at Gib I doubt it could be classified as an "accidental" deviation from the planned itinerary !!!

Norway isn't in the EU, so the Duty Free shop will be open.

One point to note - visitors to Norway who purchase goods in the country can claim a tax rebate on departing. There were Norwegian officials onboard Spirit when we were returning and they authorised the refund.

You need to get a ticket/voucher/receipt thingy from the shop and present it to them. If I mind right it was cash in hand if you bought goods ashore with currency, and a credit/debit card refund if plastic used. Not 100% on that though, we certainly got cash, in Sterling, at the prevailing FX rate.

Thanks for replies. Heard that Norway is expensive so will be filling up with food and drink on board before we venture off the ship . Definately will research prices at home then have a good browse around the shops on board- knowing me i will definitely be treating myself

Edited by Sarah888
Spelling