Carnival Dream cabin 10202

dawnb72413

Desperately seeking someone who's stayed in cabin 10202 on the Dream recently. I was told by the special needs dept at Carnival that this cabin is only ambulatory accessible, not fully accessible, because it has a 22 inch door, a lip into the bathroom and a lip into the shower. I saw photos of the cabin on another site that show no lip into either the bathroom or the shower and what appears to be a wider doorway. Has anyone stayed in this cabin recently who could confirm this for me? (The agent said that they are in the process of modifying some of the ambulatory accessible cabins to be fully accessible, so I wonder if this one was modified and not updated in their system?) Thank you!

Desperately seeking someone who's stayed in cabin 10202 on the Dream recently. I was told by the special needs dept at Carnival that this cabin is only ambulatory accessible, not fully accessible, because it has a 22 inch door, a lip into the bathroom and a lip into the shower. I saw photos of the cabin on another site that show no lip into either the bathroom or the shower and what appears to be a wider doorway. Has anyone stayed in this cabin recently who could confirm this for me? (The agent said that they are in the process of modifying some of the ambulatory accessible cabins to be fully accessible, so I wonder if this one was modified and not updated in their system?) Thank you!

Cabin 10202 Carnival Dream is an Ambulatory Accessible Cabin. Contrary to what the Carnival Rep told you it's highly unlikely 10202 will ever be converted to be a fully accessible cabin. Reason being Carnival would have to enlarge the footprint of the cabin so that a wheelchair or mobility scooter could be fully utilized in the room. In order to achieve that Carnival has to be willing to change the confirquation of all cabins as well as reduce the number of cabins in that bank of rooms to get the extra floor space required to make 10202 fully accessible, Realistically that's not going to happen. What I beleive that the rep told you was that Carnival is trying to convert the bathrooms ( where ever possible) in an ambulatory accessible to be a fully accessible bathroom not that the cabin will be converted to a fully accessible cabin.

Cabin 10202 Carnival Dream is an Ambulatory Accessible Cabin. Contrary to what the Carnival Rep told you it's highly unlikely 10202 will ever be converted to be a fully accessible cabin. Reason being Carnival would have to enlarge the footprint of the cabin so that a wheelchair or mobility scooter could be fully utilized in the room. In order to achieve that Carnival has to be willing to change the confirquation of all cabins as well as reduce the number of cabins in that bank of rooms to get the extra floor space required to make 10202 fully accessible, Realistically that's not going to happen. What I beleive that the rep told you was that Carnival is trying to convert the bathrooms ( where ever possible) in an ambulatory accessible to be a fully accessible bathroom not that the cabin will be converted to a fully accessible cabin.

While I agree, regarding most cabins, this one in particular is a 4J, which is already quite roomy. In fact, we stayed in the same cabin on the Magic, which was fully accessible, so my only concerns are the doorway and the bathroom.

CC blanks out the link when I tried to attach it to the post because it has the name of a travel agent as part of the link. The page I'm attempting to direct you to states that the entrance door and the bathroom door for Carnival Dream 10202 are both only 22" wide.